Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Medical this Friday

Unhappy Medical this Friday

We are all fairly healthy, hardly ever at the doctors. So why am I so worried about our medicals?

Having read folks posts on here, some people have been shocked to find out they have issues they never knew about.

I'll be gutted if any tests are abnormal

Hope your worry doesn't show up on Blood Pressure...just relax till you see the results, that might help! All the best.

My 10 year old son and I had our medicals last week, had his back straight away as he doesn't need bloods or xrays. Thought his medical was a bit of a joke really, doc stood at one end of the room and gently said the word 'five' and as long as he heard him it was a pass. My X-ray was all clear and bloods good so just waiting for the paperwork back now.
    Must admit was a bit underwhelmed by it all after the build up
    Last edited by Oxtail; 7th November 2011 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Pushed submit in error

Hello and welcome.

Was this a panel doctor in the UK?

It's normal to sweat every hurdle- the power of the "what if?" Just remember you're healthy- it's not a very thorough medical so it's unlikely to pick up much unexpected that's significant. Don't know if it's still the case but it used to be that we downloaded and printed the form to take to the medical so we knew exactly what was going to be asked.

I'm sure that you will be fine! And if anything does get picked up, at least you can get it sorted!

Good luck!

Good luck :-)

Picked up another tip on a phlebotomy course today.....don't smoke for an hour prior to tests.....apparently this can affect the results (not in a good way).

Thanks for your support

Well, the only orifice the doc didn't look up was my nose lol (not really)!

It was THE most thorough medical EVER!

My BP and urinalysis went okay......BMI was a shocker as I have shrunk 5cm in 20 years so was only 5' 5.5" tall when I thought I was 5'8"!!

Both the doc and nurse couldn't have been nicer...but then we did pay 1080 for 3 of us

All 3 of us passed the initial assessment with the doc, he cannot see a reason we would not be okay. Pinning our hopes on the blood tests coming back clear!

Well done

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast