Thread: Entering and leaving NZ with a visa

Default Entering and leaving NZ with a visa

Hello. I am curious of the restrictions of leaving and re-entering NZ while on a visa. Specially a partnership-based temporary work visa.

So for example: If I am granted this visa while I am over in NZ applying for it (I believe I will be staying January-February or March- the three month max without a visa), will I be allowed to leave NZ, return home to the US and get my things and arrangements in order and then return perhaps a month or two later, will my belongs and sorts?

My thinking would be yes?...

and I am aware that it would be cutting into the time that my visa allows me to live and work in NZ (probably will be granted a 12 month visa) but...

will there be any other conflicts that immigration would have that I should be aware of?

What you need to look out for is that the temporary work visa is with travel conditions, then you would be able to leave the country and legally come back again.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    What you need to look out for is that the temporary entry visa is with travel conditions, then you would be able to leave the country and legally come back again.
    Is this something I will need to request when lodging my application?

You need to check if there's a place on the form to request this - if not, ask INZ about it at the time you apply. It's important not to leave the country without having travel conditions on your visa, or it would lapse.

VERY good information to know...thank you JandM!