Thread: How to prove my wife's last name

Default How to prove my wife's last name

After getting married, my wife has got my last name but her certs have her dad's family name.

My marriage certificate says she - with my family name - married with me on xxx date. It does not either say anything about the family name.

What kind of document INZ requires to prove the person on educational certs is the same person as in the passport with different family names? Thanks in advance...

We had similar issue and we submitted OH's old passport (which had her old name), though CO was insisting we provide her with any document which stated name change other than passport. Give as much information possible (old certificates/documents which have her parents name with her old name etc). Hope that helps.

Other people have provided a notarized declaration from one of their parents to state that Mrs ABX is the same person as their daughter Miss ABC.

Thanks guys.

The best would be a clear official letter saying ABX is the ABC with date of birth x/x/xxxx. I rather would like to submit the ITA late but with complete documents to make it as hassle free as possible during processing...

Seriously, I do NOT think submitting the ITA late is a good idea. INZ may well consider that you have not taken up the invitation to apply, if you don't do it by the due date (and therefore your EOI and the fee would all be for nothing). In your place, I would submit it with a covering letter on this point, explaining that you are getting proof of your wife's name and will forward it when it is available.

That is an idea. Thanks JandM. But, Would not it cause any delay in assigning CO for me so in processing?

Also, I have some documents mentioned in my EOI but they are not related with points such as driving license etc. If I do not submit them, would it cause any issue?

If you don't submit your ITA to time (unless there is a VERY STRONG reason, cleared first with INZ, not something like this), it won't be dealt with at all! No CO, not considered, a total waste of your time and money to have put in the EOI. It would be disregarded as past the time limit.

Also, I have some documents mentioned in my EOI but they are not related with points such as driving license etc. If I do not submit them, would it cause any issue?
    I'm not quite sure what you mean there. Read carefully the instructions that came with the ITA pack, and comply with them. Anything that is missing or wrong will be a possible cause of delay, because INZ officials will have to ask for you to supply what should have been there - meantime, your file will go back to the bottom of the pile and have to wait to come to the top to be dealt with, even if you respond at once.