Thread: Enhanced Police Check

Default Enhanced Police Check

I have been told I need an Enhanced Police Check by possible employers here in NZ due to nature of the work. I have contacted CRB and been told as I am not resident in UK I cannot get an enhanced police check and all I can get is a 'subject access' from my last local police station. Will this suffice? Has anyone had any similar experience? I contacted my last employer in UK and it turns out they never had an enhanced police check for me as they came into force after i began working for them and it was never updated!

I have the standard police check for immigration but have been told this will not be sufficient.

Thank you

Get what the CRB told you put in writing, and also get what they CAN give you. The employer will then see that you've done what you could. Nobody but they themselves can state whether that's enough for them or not.

How long have you been in NZ? Maybe contact the Police here, and ask what checks they can do?

Thanks for this post, something i hadn't even considered. Mike is a counsellor and lecturer so we have a folder full here - well it seems like that - of enhanced CRB checks. So I will add it to the list of things to make sure we have up to date to take with us when we get that far.

I hope you manage to sort out your situation.

I would double check that you are making the request to the right people. As a teacher I have enhanced CRB checks but these are not the same as the emigration check and are actually less rigorous!. Maybe your employers mean the emigration check form (which, I believe, can be assessed even when you are in NZ).

I did a search for Association of Chief Police Officers and NZ immigration- that led to a link for the form.

Hope that helps...

Eliot
    Last edited by Delta_Cephei; 22nd November 2011 at 12:18 PM.