Thread: EOI with 115 points

Default EOI with 115 points

Applied for EOI with no job offer & 140 points initially in July and got selected in Aug this year. But later in Aug after initial screening I got my points reduced to 115 :-(

I got an email from Bangkok branch saying that the point reduction is because of couple of companies that I have put does not fall under MNC category and my bonus points were taken since I do not hold comparable qualification to the qualification listed on the LTSSL. My EOI was sent back to pool and been there since August.

I guess the other option is to gain points through adding a job offer and get selected in the EOI but again getting a job offer without visa is another problem.

Any hope that I can have on this EOI? with 115 points & no job offer?

Hello and welcome.

People HAVE been selected with 115 points, and, while there's no certainty, in other years points seem to have dropped towards the end of the year, so don't despair.

One thing occurs to me - did you think your qualification WAS comparable to what was stated in the LTSSL? As sometimes this has been said by INZ, but people have argued their case and managed to get some points reinstated.

Your best hope of getting a job offer is probably by way of a recce trip - you aren't allowed to start work while on a visitor's visa, but you can talk to employers/agencies, and it's worked for people on the forum.

The las EOI draw had submissions with 115 points with 15 bonus points for experience in an area of skills shortage. I say we are close to get selected, so don't despair.

Hi,

I also only receive 115 point but got selected in Feb 2011, when 100 point plus 15 bonus LTSSL. The only downside is that you have to go through interview. And I got my blue sticker last month!

That gives a lot of hope guys. Thanks for all your replies. I will wait till my EOI period ends.

@JandM - I took Electronic Science as majors in my degree and I started working in IT industry for the last 8 years. INZ people emailed me this to be a problem. They said points will be awarded only if I'm with CS or IT as majors in my degree.

I will plan a recce trip next month.