Thread: What Job?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question What Job?

Hi All,

I have 14 years of sales leadership experience and have done second line management for BT in the UK. I have also done some project management, been a national trainer for sales, field sales manager, telesales manager and I now run my own sales consultancy. I am looking for a new job as we speak and thought now would be a good opportunity to get something that could put me in a good position to get a visa in NZ. I will be working in the UK for another 12 months before coming to NZ hopefully.

Any suggestions on re-training as something else or the best path for me to tread would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Nathan

suspect that if you are going for PR based on your work experience that 12 months experience in an area of 'skills shortage' wont suffice
    do something you enjoy would be my advice... if you enjoy sales, start your own business in nz

Hi,

I am happy to start a business in NZ but don't you need to agree to put 250k into the business over 3 years or something like that. Just a guesstimate but I heard it was a lot, I don't have that kind of money. I do have experience running my own business and sales is my forte currently.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Nathan

The requirements are here on the INZ website. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

And there's further information here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...onsanswers.htm

As you'll see, there's no exact amount mentioned as being required for the business, presumably because businesses vary so widely. The only mention of a sum of money is about support for your family.

Funds
    What amount of funds do I need for maintenance and accommodation, in addition to the capital for my business?
    This will depend on your location, living arrangements and lifestyle but between $60,000 - $100,000 per year is a rough estimate. You should not rely on profits from your business for this purpose.