Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sky NZ - what a crock

Default Sky NZ - what a crock

I have connected to Sky in NZ, all the channels for some extortionate rate.

Now I know Sky isn't the same as the UK, less satellites, smaller population etc. - and the standard channels/documentaries are reasonable in comparison. There's a lot less, but I guess in the UK there was a lot more rubbish.

But the Sports channels are a disgrace. To record Premiership games I have to have them, but the primetime sports are rubbish, and to make matters worse, Sky NZ don't even bother bidding for other worldwide sport, and simply replay everything. Tonight they could be showing SA v Aus cricket. I bet Sky UK are. Instead, 3 replays which have shown every night so far, and some US football magazine show. I'm not expecting miracles, but blinking heck....

The sooner someone else comes onto the market and challenges Sky, the better.....

Calm down! Wait for February when Rugby starts - and we'll have a lot of it.

In summer there is only cricket and some northern soccer, who cares anyway?

PS: But that is in the programme descriptions - when you ordered it, right?
    Last edited by ralf-nz; 17th November 2011 at 10:52 PM.

get the prem and c/l off of the net in glorious HD and can sky

Quote Originally Posted by ralf-nz View Post
    Calm down! Wait for February when Rugby starts - and we'll have a lot of it.

Totally disappointed right from the way Sky box looks after being exposed to the UK version and my view doesn't change even after the idiot box is switched on!!

On the flip side I get to watch primitive version of top gear (who cares to watch review of 2005-2006 models anyway) , outdated documentaries on discovery & history, comedy central plays some repeated programs (Comedy Inc & likes of it) from 2006-2007, apart from recording & watching movies we don't use Sky for anything!

p.s. There's no Alan Carr, Harry hill or anything that was fun on Channel 4!

Why don't you connect to VPN (Virtual Private Network)?
    We watch whatever UK channels we like via the internet (all the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and 5) and connect it to the TV via an HDMI connection all for the princely sum of about $80 a year?
    Basically instead of using a NZ sattilite your internet is conected via a satilite in the UK which then alows you to watch all the UK channels (you may need to expand your Broadband download allowance...we have a 60 'thingy' allowance??!!)
    You still need a NZ modem and internet provider but then we piggyback onto the UK satlite once logged on and can watch whatevers on BBC iplayer (and the BBC channels live) as well as ITV plater and 4oD.

Google Strong VPN for more info as l'm basically a major tecnophobe but even l can manage this, we've used it for the last 2 years and it's great...tried NZ Sky for 12 months and couldn't wait to unsubscribe!!

Hope this helps?

Karen

Have to say for us it's the dogs do dahs.

Rugby , tick

Golf , tick

Cricket, tick

Hummm....ok if you're into certain sports but not so good compared to regular UK based Sky / Cable networks!!

Definately recommend VPN...am loving this year's 'I'm a Celebrity' already and it's only just started!!!

BTW...totally off subject but when do l get 'promoted' from Junior Member....seeing as how I've belonged to this forum for over 5 yrs???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    BTW...totally off subject but when do l get 'promoted' from Junior Member....seeing as how I've belonged to this forum for over 5 yrs???!!!
    Those designations go by how many posts you make, not length of time.

In the same way, the description you see if you hover your cursor over the green blobs at the top right (as well as the number of green blobs) depends on how many appreciation points have been given to posts of yours (when people click on the little scales icon).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast