Thread: Midwife needs interview advice asap

Question Midwife needs interview advice asap

Okey doke you lovely forumites...

I have at last got a telephone interview next Wed for midwife post (which if get will hopefully bump us forward into the lap of a CO).

So need help with Q's that you think will be asked....I'm frantically reviewing my general m/w clinical stuff etc and stuff I also put on CV but any other tips/ hints/ info is always welcome.

Wish me luck

Nicky

Of course, good luck!

I have a feeling that there are some cultural things surrounding childbirth for the Maori... (pause for a search) yes, here's one site with some mentions. http://www.mothersmatter.co.nz/Culture/Maori.asp I've heard that in all health work, it's regarded as very important to be aware of running up against another culture, and open to learning about it.

All the best Nicky

Good luck!

It seems to be customary to ask 8 times if the parents want the placenta before throwing it away...and to ask the father at least as many times if he'd like to cut the cord.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Good luck! Great thinking by JandM and the Maori cultural knowledge. Swot up on that but don't pretend you know everything. At least then you'll be able to demonstrate an interest in the area and cultural sensitivity.

The 'cultural sensitivity' questions may also be referred to as 'cultural safety'...same thing just phrased differently! Look up 'Te Kaka' best practice guidelines as well...lots of practical cultural safety tips there.
    Good Luck....just remember the 3 P's/\...Partnership, Protection and Participation (from the Treaty)...