Thread: Australian Police Certificate

Question Australian Police Certificate

Hello all,

Myself and my boyfriend were on working holiday visa's in Australia for 2 years (2008-2010) so we need to get police certificates for our NZ residency visa applications.

Do we just need the police certificates or do we need fingerprint checks too?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IrishInNZ View Post
    Hello all,

Myself and my boyfriend were on working holiday visa's in Australia for 2 years (2008-2010) so we need to get police certificates for our NZ residency visa applications.

Do we just need the police certificates or do we need fingerprint checks too?

Thanks
    by the looks of it it will be the latter.

See http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../australia.htm :

Specific procedure for Australia
    Applicants residing within Australia
    Apply for a National Fingerprint and Name Check Police Certificate from the Australian Federal Police. Download the forms from www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks/national-police-checks.aspx#fingerprints, or request copies by post from:
    Australian Federal Police
    Criminal Records - National Police Check AFP Criminal Records
    Locked Bag 8550
    CANBERRA CITY ACT 2601
    Phone: (02) 6202 3333
    Applicants outside Australia
    Apply for a National Fingerprint and Name Check Police Certificate from the Australian Federal Police and request forms from the same address as above.

Once forms are received, a certified set of fingerprints taken at a local police station overseas will be required along with the completed forms to return to the Australian Federal Police.

I had to get police cert from Australia too coz I spent 2 years studying there.
    I had to get a certified copy of my fingerprints from the local police and had this send up to Canberra. Then I follow up with an email on my request. They were quite fast, less than a month and I got the cert from them

Yup, we had to get these too. It didn't take too long, but I'd still allow 4-6 weeks

More money!!! Thanks very much folks