Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help: Working on EOI..

Post Help: Working on EOI..

hi everyone!

i'm a newbie.. i'm a filipino currently working as a Herd Manager in Dairy Cattle Farm here in NZ. I've been working here for 3 years now and starting to prepare my EOI.. I have few questions in mind. I hope anyone can help.

1. i'm a bit confused with the "area of absolute shortage" and i wish to know if i could claim bonus points for my employment. Does "area of absolute shortage" includes not only LTSSL but also ISSL? apparently Dairy Cattle Farmer is under ISSL, Is it right for me to claim for points?

2. For Filipinos out there, where can I find Birth Certificate Number? I have NSO issued BC and the online form of EOI requires BC number and there are heaps of numbers in the paper film which one is BC number? Pardon for my ignorance.

3. My wife is currently holding an open work visa for less than a year now. She has a degree in Business Administration and Degree in Law. I wish to claim points from her educational qualifications. Does she need years of working experiences and/or current skilled work/job offer for me to claim for points or just her educational attainment alone will be sufficient?

I still have lot of questions in mind but that would be all for now. if anyone here could help me or have any idea or with the same situation as mine will be highly appreciated.

Cheers!

Hello and welcome.

1. INZ says here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ls.htm?level=1
    We use the LTSSL for both temporary work and residence instructions. If you come to work in New Zealand based on meeting the LTSSL requirements, you may be eligible for residence through our Work to Residence (LTSSL) instructions, or the Skilled Migrant Category.

We only use the ISSL for temporary work instructions. If you come to work in New Zealand based on meeting the ISSL requirements, there is no direct link to residence.

If you meet the requirements on the list and in immigration instructions, we will accept that no New Zealanders are available for the position(s). See more about the lists, and the review.
    3. The points for your wife are just based on her being an educated person. She doesn't need to have a job offer or work, and you don't need to prove her work experience. You should check whether her degree is on the exempt list, otherwise you may need to do a check of it with NZQA.

Quote Originally Posted by imxoxofab View Post
    hi everyone!

3. My wife is currently holding an open work visa for less than a year now. She has a degree in Business Administration and Degree in Law. I wish to claim points from her educational qualifications. Does she need years of working experiences and/or current skilled work/job offer for me to claim for points or just her educational attainment alone will be sufficient?
    Hello and welcome to the forum I dont have much information on 1st and 2nd question, regd question 3 & based on our experience I claimed points for OH's educational qualification and she was not required to provide work experience etc.

Thanks JandM and Sun777

My wife's first Degree is exempt but the other is not because she obtained a year before than the year indicated in the exempt list.. I'm glad that I can claim bonus points from her qualification..

I hope i could gather as much information as I can to finish my EOI..

Again, Thanks!

Another thing to check - I don't THINK you can claim extra points for your wife's qualification because she has more than one degree. (If that's right, you won't need to bother with NZQAing the second one.)

hello KABAYAN!
    i left the part (where i need to provide the birth certificate number) blank on my EOI. and it seemed just fine. our birth certificates do not indicate BC number, only local civil registrar number (as i have observed).

Hi again JandM, so 1 qualification is enough?

Hi Kabayan, been contemplating for so long which one or do we have one in NSO film copy. I guess ur right will just leave it blank also. do you know "BReN" means? Found it at the bottom of the BC. I noticed you have schd interview, does every applicant will undergo interview process?

Thanks for your help.

It looks that way to me, but here's where you can check for yourself. See Section SM17.5. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/ (Residence » Skilled Migrant Category » SM17 Bonus points: partner's recognised qualifications » SM17.5 Bonus points for a partner's recognised qualifications)

Kabayan, i think BreN means Birth reference number. and regarding the interview, i think every residence visa applicant has to be interviewed. we had our interview last week
    Last edited by JandM; 27th November 2011 at 03:46 AM. Reason: See Rule 15

Thanks J&M for your help..

Kabayan, how's ur interview?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast