Thread: Work Visa Application

Default Work Visa Application

Hi Guys,

I just got accepted for a job in New Zealand and currently in the process of processing my work visa application. Just got this little question:

About the actual visa, there is an item there about "Date you intend to finally depart New Zealand". The role is for a permanent role and I'm not quite sure what date to put in this field?

Also, since my passport is expiring November 2013 which is under 2 years. I'm not sure if I can put in a date 2 years from my start date into that field. By the way, I talked to someone from the New Zealand Immigration Hotline, and they said that it is possible to use my current passport with the application, but the length of the visa stay might end about a few months before the expiry of my passport. My real question I guess is what do I put in the question "Date you intend to finally depart New Zealand?". Do I just put in something below the expiry date?

Thank you very much for any answers.

BTW, if there is any Singaporean reading this post, which hospital do you suggest for the medical checkup/certificate needed for the application and how much did it set you back?

Thanks again

Welcome to the forum

Not sure what date would be best but try to give a date close to your passport expiry date and put a note that its a permanent job (not sure if that's very different from what you already thought of).

I guess you are taking up medicals in Singapore....try Raffles at Bugis Junction. They did our medicals for Work Visa & PR, they seemed to be very familiar with the tests and fine prints. They charged me about $185 and $230 for my wife (as she needed some additional blood test).

Hope that helps !

Thanks Sun777 for the very quick response

Well, I was thinking of putting the date before the expiry, I was just a little bit apprehensive since it was below the 24 month requirement for the Work-to-residence instructions. I guess I'm mixing up the actual work visa with the work to residence instructions

Thanks for the suggestion regarding the medical checkup. I know that all doctors are allowed here in singapore regarding the medical checkup but its good to know the ones which are aware of the process.

Thanks again ... by the way, how long have you been in new zealand? How is life down there?

Hello and welcome.

Glad its useful soaksash001. I moved here last year after a lot of dilly dallying and lengthy process, life is good here !!

By the way, about how many days did the processing of the work visa take?

I applied for the same visa from Bangalore, India on 11/Nov/11 and it is currently under process at Bangkok. First and last mail I received from CO was on 23/Nov. My case is referred to MA so I expect a delay of 4-6 weeks and hope to get the outcome by end of Dec '11.

All the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by soaksash001 View Post
    By the way, about how many days did the processing of the work visa take?
    May be it was due to no. of work visa applications at processing branch, it took us exactly 10 days to get work visa and this was in 2008.