Thread: TV Repairs

Originally from Malaysia, in Wellington since May 2005

Default TV Repairs

Does anyone know of any places I can get a TV repaired in the Wellington area?

We brought 2 Panasonic television sets from Malaysia and they work fine except some colours are missing. I was told that it could be due to degaussing (spelling?). I called LV Martin and they want $85 just to look at the set. I am guessing the repair bill is going to be more costly than getting a new TV.

Saw DSE selling a 29 inch flat screen for $399!

Shagen
    sorry I cant give any where that you can get them fixed but, Have you only just recieved your shipment????
    Our friends recieved theirs and their t.v also had some colours missing, they contacted a t.v repair man to come see, and he said it had probably got damaged on route here. They have a pink ( or is it green??? mmm not sure) cast across part of the screen. They are now using their shipping insurance to get a new one!!

Good luck

Hi Jan,

Yes we just received our shipment and what a sad story that was. The TV got damaged alright. We paid for insurance but since the company back home and the one in NZ are not in talking terms we are stuck in the middle! The guys in NZ were nice enough to send the stuff to us without asking us to pay again but I think the insurance is gone.

We have a green tint across the screen! I have half a mind to go and get a new one!

Shagen, sorry to hear about your tv. I've got a funny story about them that might cheer you up . And yes, it's true.

Some time back a friend of mine bought a new tv, got it home and set it up. Everything seemed fine and dandy and all was well.
    The next day he was due to go away for a few days on business. He left details and contact no. so his wife could reach him if she needed. Mid afternoon he gets a call from his wife explaining the tv set had lost its colour in one corner of the screen, so he instructed her to contact the shop then take it back for an exchange unit which she did with the aid of a kindly neighbour to help lift it to the car. Later that evening he got another call saying all was well with the tv now.
    The next day, same again. One corner of the screen all greyed out. So again he told her to take it back and exchange the thing once more. She did, again with the help of a neighbour. Later he got a call from her to say all was well again. Alas, the day after, he got yet another call to say the tv was playing up and she'd had enough of humping tv's around town and she was going to call the shop and get somebody out to have a look at it and take away or exchange again. Within an hour the tv man knocked at the door. She let him in and turned the set on. He looked at the tv, then at her shaking his head and asked if she only noticed the problem around this time of day, she nodded a reply. He then got up, walked to the window on the opposite side of the room and closed the curtains. "There", he said "all fixed". Three tv's and a repair man later it turns out the sun was reflecting through the window onto the corner of the screen just about the time she was settling down to daytime tv.
    It turned out that she had decided to changed the furniture around and moved the tv right opposite the living room window on the first morning her husband was away as a surprise so he didn't have to do it when he got back from the course.

Good eh !

PS. Oh, I forgot to mention, yes, she is a blonde

That was a good one! And it is true :eek

Shagen, there's a few TV repair places locally - one that sticks in my mind is behind the garage in Paremata next to the petrol station just at the Paremata roundabout.

Good luck!

Thanks Sarah will check it out this weekend.