Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changes to LTSS list

Unhappy Changes to LTSS list

I've just posted my EOI but they've now taken teaching off the long term skills shortage list. Does anyone know if this will now prevent me getting a visa or a job offer? I've already shelled out for NZQA and NZTC registration! Feel like the rug's been pulled out...

Pre-primary and secondary teaching still appear to be on the LTSSL, so if your qualifications and interests cover either of those categories, no need to give up.

From recollection when we applied the position was removed from LTSSL after we submitted EOI but before ITA, we were allowed to continue with the process under a grace period - not sure if this still applies.

INZ always operates a 'grandfather clause' policy - the regulation in force at the time of submission governs how that application is judged. But exact timing of the submission may be crucial. How many points do you have? In any case, I see this, so you are not barred from getting a job offer.
    Employers can still recruit migrants in occupations that have been removed from the list. The employer will need to demonstrate genuine attempts to recruit suitable New Zealand citizens or residents and Immigration New Zealand will conduct a labour market test. If this test shows that there are no suitable New Zealand citizens or residents available in that location, temporary work visas may still be granted.
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...esidreview.htm

Can someone clarify what is being talked about here?

Sorry- misread the main post: I assume this is referring to PRIMARY school teachers. As previously mentioned Pre-primary and Secondary are still on the list

Ta,

Eliot
    Last edited by Delta_Cephei; 29th November 2011 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta_Cephei View Post
    Can someone clarify what is being talked about here?

Sorry- misread the main post: I assume this is referring to PRIMARY school teachers. As previously mentioned Pre-primary and Secondary are still on the list
    Pre-primary and secondary currently show on the list but are being removed from the list effective December 5, 2011.
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...esidreview.htm

Yes- just seen that too!

As I have received my ITA does that mean that I can still go ahead and apply?

The info on the site says that effectively teaching jobs can only be offered if all other avenues have been exhausted. So- if I do get in on SMC would I still be able to apply for teaching jobs? Or would they not be allowed to accept me (or my wife)?

I am just worrying as I have the medical in two weeks and the cost of the ITA to consider...

(I'm getting my eyes lasered too- maybe I'll be able to join the Police instead :-S )

Perturbed,

Eliot

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....680#post431680

Based on this, yes, you can apply - you're not in the pool any more.

The info on the site
    Which site? - just so anyone answering is looking at the same quote you are.

Thanks JandM - like others I am slightly twitchy about the change.

The site I was interpreting is the one you have quoted earlier in the thread. I think that I am not certain about what the outcome of The ITA would mean: as in- if I am successful does that mean that, as I would have a 2 yr PR visa, that I would be counted as a resident when applying for a teaching position or would I be classed as being British (and not allowed to apply unless there were no other citizens applying?).

Come to that- if I was successful with the ITA, would I be able to take any other job ( e.g. Whilst looking for teaching positions?).

Sorry if this is a little garbled - hope it makes sense!

Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by Delta_Cephei View Post
    I think that I am not certain about what the outcome of The ITA would mean: as in- if I am successful does that mean that, as I would have a 2 yr PR visa, that I would be counted as a resident when applying for a teaching position or would I be classed as being British (and not allowed to apply unless there were no other citizens applying?).

Come to that- if I was successful with the ITA, would I be able to take any other job ( e.g. Whilst looking for teaching positions?).
    I guess you are asking if you would be able to take up employment as normal citizen or permanent resident (without any local market test etc) after receiving PR visa (RV) - Yes, you can take up employment in other field unless any clause appears on your Visa e.g. section 49(1).

If you receive WTR (Job search visa according to new definition), you will have to take up employment in same stream (teaching in your case) till your get it converted into PR.

Hope that helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast