Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DO NOT go to the English shop in Cambridge

Default DO NOT go to the English shop in Cambridge

I popped in there for a sherbert fountain for my daughter's b-day and my eyes were on stalks ... metre long boxes of jaffa cakes, big tins of choccies (Roses, celebrations etc), proper mincemeat, shortbread, toffee, Xmas stuffing, tetley tea bags ... oh it was so hard getting out of there without buying EVERYTHING. So I intend to buy a lotto ticket, win, and then buy the entire festive stock from them, so don't anyone go there.

(especially not you Duncan- every single bag of minstrels has my name on it)

Minstrels.........now i am craving them!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
    I popped in there for a sherbert fountain for my daughter's b-day and my eyes were on stalks ... metre long boxes of jaffa cakes, big tins of choccies (Roses, celebrations etc), proper mincemeat, shortbread, toffee, Xmas stuffing, tetley tea bags ... oh it was so hard getting out of there without buying EVERYTHING. So I intend to buy a lotto ticket, win, and then buy the entire festive stock from them, so don't anyone go there.

(especially not you Duncan- every single bag of minstrels has my name on it)
    That reminds me of Arrowtown with its Remarkable Sweet Shop in Central!

There was a rumour that Countdown on Molesworth Street in Wellington also stock Minstrels, but unfortunately I only found this out after Mrs74 had bankrupted us making up for 11 months shoe purchase amnesty by clearing out Lambton Quay.

countdown and paknsave are stocking some stuff too. me and mrs v had a walkers crisp fest with a can of lilt, cherry coke and double deckers the other day

I did splurge and get some stocking stuffer (large!!!) tubes of smarties etc the other day there and some xmas cake/pudding and then went to Countdown and found xmas cake etc at 1/3 of the price!!! I also ordered some mince pies from the Deli on the Corner!
    I also love their suger free robinsons cordial!!!

I also picked up a couple of Cambridge maps to semd back home for chrissie pressies for relatives.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    There was a rumour that Countdown on Molesworth Street in Wellington also stock Minstrels, but unfortunately I only found this out after Mrs74 had bankrupted us making up for 11 months shoe purchase amnesty by clearing out Lambton Quay.
    Easily done that.

Might have to pop up to the supermarket at lunch to confirm or deny this Minstrels rumour though (it's New World but I'll let you off )

I noticed New World in Porirua had big tins of chocolates, can't remember the brand & didn't buy them, bet they wont be there when I go back! $25 a tin, they did a lot of English stuff last year & I somehow managed to pay an extortionate amount for some Twiglets thinking they were NZ ones, not sure where my head was that day

I found it really amusing to see all sorts of stuff in countdowns "international foods section" where a 2 litre bottle of iron bru cost $10! Robinsons orange squash also had a ridiculous price tag! I think i will stick to water!!!

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Just had a nosy around New World and not located any Minstrels...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast