Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money transfer headache.

Angry Money transfer headache.

I am sure this has been said before and I wish we'd done our homework before we arrived. We both have British banks accounts and have opened accounts in NZ. The problem is nat west won't let my husband transfer money from his account without a card reader and this has to be specially ordered. They were most unhelpful on phone and told us to go into a branch! Bit far to travel from NZ. Does anyone know how we can transfer money bit worried we will be running out of money..... Thanks for any advice.

Hi,
    I'm not sure (probably its not mentioned) if you tried online transfer? I transferred some money in May this year through HSBC (after which those smart key/card were introduced I guess). Sorry I'm not much of help but can you try searching for "Natwest" on other threads while someone responds back.

Someone did mention about similar problem early this year....
    http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33549

I can only LOOK AT my NatWest accounts online without the card reader, not do anything. Sorry I don't know anything to help. The only thing I can suggest is asking on the phone to be put on to a supervisor (and as far up the hierarchy as necessary) - obviously, their standard reply in the script is just not appropriate for your circumstances.

dont even get me started on this one.. weve had massive issues. keep us posted as to how you get on

Are you able to write cheques on the account? If you can, he could write a check payable to you which you mail to your bank in the UK for deposit. The mailing/clearing time would be much less than if you tried to deposit the cheque here. Then you could transfer the money here from your account.

And if you don't have any cheques, you may be able to order some from here as cheques are likely easier to get from here the card reader.

Can't you do a bank transfer between accounts? And what's a card reader?

A friend here had that problem while he was still in the UK. The bank still had his UK address though - also his SiL's - and posted the card reader to her, and she in turn posted it down to him. Nightmare

I made sure to get them for our accounts before we left, but it's no help to those who emigrated before the things were invented!!

@MetalSoul - we mean these things. There's very little online banking left that doesn't require one, at least when it comes to UK banks..

http://www.gadgetvenue.com/wp-conten...-pinsentry.gif

Quote Originally Posted by sophiedb View Post
    @MetalSoul - we mean these things. There's very little online banking left that doesn't require one, at least when it comes to UK banks..

http://www.gadgetvenue.com/wp-conten...-pinsentry.gif
    I've never seen one before and have been doing on-line banking for about 6 years.

The only 2 keys I have come across are these

and

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast