Thread: Documentation for Work Visa and my ITA

Default Documentation for Work Visa and my ITA

Hi Everyone !

Our EOI was selected today . Assuming we receive an ITA I was thinking about the documentation that will be needed. Much of this documentation was provided when we submitted our visa applications. Our current visas expire 31/3/2011. I am thinking they may reuse some of the documentation for the ITA process (police reports and such). If not then we may want to start the application for our police records again. I would think it would be OK, but then again ....

Does anyone have experience with this situation ? Please advise.

thx

-mike

Sorry Mike I don't have any experience into this but certificates like Police clearance and medicals have some life otherwise I think these will need to be obtained again. Which country's police clearance would you need? It would be worthwhile as someone might be able to specifically answer your query in that case as different countries have different timeline to issue this.

I remember submitting full medicals while I applied for Work Visa and towards just about end of 3 months (or 6 months I cant recollect exactly) when our PR application (ITA) was being processed, INZ asked for fresh medicals as our medical results expired by then.

Thx for the quick reply Sun777

We were required to provide an FBI background report from the USA for our visas. I think the original reports were issued in March 2010. My wife visa was issued in Dec 2010 and mine in March 2011. My wife has been in NZ since late Feb 2011 and I joined her in June.

I'm afraid it looks as though at least one of you is going to need new police checks, although whoever is the secondary applicant might be all right.

If police certificates were submitted with a previous application:
    they can be accepted for any further application for a temporary entry class visa (other than a student visa under U4.10) made within 24 months of the date of issue of the police certificates; or
    they can be accepted for further student visa applications as either:
    a fee-paying foreign student (U4.10); or
    a student enrolled in any Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme in any New Zealand university (see U3.35.20)
    made within 36 months of the date of issue of the police certificates; or

they can be accepted for any further temporary entry class visa application as a partner or dependant of a student enrolled any Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme in any New Zealand university made within 36 months of the date of issue of the police certificates; or
    they can be accepted for a residence class visa application under the Partnership Category (F2) or the Dependent Child Category (F5) made within 24 months of the date of issue of the police certificates.
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41439.htm

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I'm afraid it looks as though at least one of you is going to need new police checks, although whoever is the secondary applicant might be all right.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/41439.htm
    But the OP aren't applying for a temporary class visa are they?

Ian

No, but the partner will come in under

they can be accepted for a residence class visa application under the Partnership Category
    I think.