Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: so, waikato hospital?

Question so, waikato hospital?

latest med photo job is at waikaito dhb, anyone work down that way? Or can give any insight to living in the area ...........say compared to north shore (my last time around)?

Quote Originally Posted by martyb125 View Post
    latest med photo job is at waikaito dhb, anyone work down that way? Or can give any insight to living in the area ...........say compared to north shore (my last time around)?
    Cannot compare to North shore as I have never lived there but I work at Waikato and so far things are going well. I work in the ED, busy hospital with 600 beds and our dept keeps very busy, as you would expect.

Hamilton is a good size town with a river running through middle ofi t, plenty of parks etc, shops and such like. If I need anything I cannot find in Cambridge then I go to Hamilton. I would not want to live there but that is just me. I prefer less traffic and congestion. Cambridge is approx 16K, had almost everything you need and MUCH quieter.

We live in Cambridge as we had a hard time finding a decent rental with a big dog in a decent area with good schools so we we commute every day(hubby also works in Hamilton) and it is no big deal. he can get to work in half an hr door to door as can I depending on shifts, sometimes 25 mins, sometimes a little longer.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagabel View Post
    Cannot compare to North shore as I have never lived there but I work at Waikato and so far things are going well. I work in the ED, busy hospital with 600 beds and our dept keeps very busy, as you would expect.

Hamilton is a good size town with a river running through middle ofi t, plenty of parks etc, shops and such like. If I need anything I cannot find in Cambridge then I go to Hamilton. I would not want to live there but that is just me. I prefer less traffic and congestion. Cambridge is approx 16K, had almost everything you need and MUCH quieter.

We live in Cambridge as we had a hard time finding a decent rental with a big dog in a decent area with good schools so we we commute every day(hubby also works in Hamilton) and it is no big deal. he can get to work in half an hr door to door as can I depending on shifts, sometimes 25 mins, sometimes a little longer.

Hope this helps.

wow that was fast-thank you it does
    before you know it Mrs B will be looking for a house in Cambridge (and the closing dates not even passed..)
    Keen to get there, YES we are

No problem.
    Let me know if you have any more questions.

Not sure if you have kids but schools really good, plenty of clubs here (all sorts), plenty of shops, lots of cafes, grocery stores(well 2!) and very quiet. If you are looking for night life, not so much, but if you are just looking for a quieter less stressful way of life Cambridge is it. Also not too far from Beach.

Also not too far from Beach.
    Could you get much further from the beach?

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanW99 View Post
    Could you get much further from the beach?

Ian
    Actually not, lol!!
    Used to being 3 hrs from beach in States even though on East coast!!!!

Actually not, lol!!
    Used to being 3 hrs from beach in States even though on East coast!!!!

In NZ, could you get much further from the beach?

Ian

It's like there's an echo- she's answered that already ... you're quoting her answer!

two kids - eldest 17yrs in Feb, so just a school for the youngest (12yrs)
    I am just at the early stages of this application and have been trying long enough to know not to get my hopes up.
    Actually thought twice about applying as its for 1 year (parental cover) but figuring its a way in - not sure how OH will feel about that.
    @everyone else that distance from the beach will be one of the BIG differences on North Shore living then

I do regret living so far from the sea. Think about it carefully.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast