Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immigration New Zealand Blunders

Default Immigration New Zealand Blunders

hi all,
    i am quite satisfied with the INZ and their services which i have availed till date.
    so you might be wondering why this thread?

i thought i should share with you all some thing which is very funny and kind of a blunder too.

my friend who had come to NZ on a silver fern job search visa has been working here now for 4-5 months as an embedded software engineer.

his resident visa application was approved in October.
    since he had gone to India to celebrate Diwali festivities there, he came back here last week and submitted his passport for the blue sticker along with my credit card details for migrant levy deduction.

last week on November 30, he got an email that his passport would be sent via courier.
    so last Friday, i collected the passport on his behalf from the post shop in Auckland.

even i was quite excited to have a look at the blue sticker hence i opened the parcel.

it contained all the docs which he had submitted along with new migrant guide and a letter + receipt of migrant levy confirming that his residency was approved and enclosed was his passport.

the interesting thing starts now.
    i checked the passport to see the sticker and to my utter shock I COULD NOT FIND ANY.

i went through the passport almost 5 times and 6th time i even counted the pages along with their numbers mentioned.

the sticker was not there at all.

i called my friend and he was shocked too.
    he then called the immigration office and told the lady about it.

the lady actually couldn't understand what happened and after explaining for the 3rd time she was shocked and said "oh my goodness, how could this happen?"

anyway, i have submitted the passport to queen street branch of INZ again with a letter from my friend about the blunder.

thanks for reading this and do share here if any of you has seen such kind of an incident from INZ.

cheers.

Someone must be too tired to put a stamp Maybe one of those common Friday blunders.

Actually I am quite surprised to see that you haven't seen more blunders than this. In the past three times I have applied, there has been a blunder of some kind or the other.

The staff has been unprofessional and defensive in Sydney on the mistakes they made until I had sent the records to them and still they did not appologize, just issued the visa.

The next time the visa officer did not read the dates correctly so issued the visa for the wrong dates. When I questioned him, he was defensive till I reported him to the top. His boss appoligized on his behalf and extended the dates.

This time I have been waiting for my passport to arrive but on checking got to know that they posted it to a wrong address. I am too tired to put in a complaint this time. Besides they will think that it always happens to me so there must be something wrong with me.

I am sure other people also come across this. They just don't complain like I do. I think it is better to let them know.

Heh. Reminds me of the last time I renewed my resident's visa here. Luckily I was travelling to Macau the next day so I discovered right away that instead of extending my residency, Immigration had kindly given me a three-year tourist visa!

There isn't even such a thing. eyes:

but where to?

hmm, INZ seem to have quite a history of blunders

anyway, what should be done in this case?

should this be notified to the higher authorities?

Quote Originally Posted by fivezero7 View Post
    hmm, INZ seem to have quite a history of blunders
    Considering how many visas they issue I think they are really doing a good job!
    The odd mistake just proves even officers are just human!

Well, they forgot to put the stickers for my kids when we had a work permit, but they were quite nice about it and sheepish may I add.

All part of the kiwi experience

Ralf,

I would compare the number of mistakes they make to the number of mistakes other countries' embassies make. I think they are significantly more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast