Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One month (ish) in

Default One month (ish) in

Well we have been here in Cambridge just over a month and are looking forward to moving into newly bought house on Friday - can't quite believe quite how quick the process is here. Still waiting for stuff from the uk - was supposed to arrive in auckland on the 15th - now definitely expect it sometime in the new year!!
    Children settled in school - only a small accident with son falling from play equipment and possibly broken ankle - they are loving the laid back (no work) school day. Husband loving work in Hamilton - a mere 20 mins commute. I seem to have been quite busy - not enough time for coffee yet - but hoping to remedy that soon. Loving Cambridge - took a little time to get used to the air raid siren though! Everyones so friendly and everything seems so much less hassle than in the uk but maybe thats just the weather at the moment. Supermarket shopping was a little tricky to begin with - took a while to work out what the children would eat.
    School holidays soon - not sure that christmas will be quite the same and obviously missing family and friends - who could live without Skype!

Glad to hear you are settling well

Welcome to Cambridge! I know what you mean about the air raid siren.

Good luck for your settement ans congrats so far !!!

Good for you, and all the best for continuing to settle in.

What's this about the air raid siren?

Its the way that cambridge calls its retained firefighters - unfortunately i was really close to it the first time i heard it - driving around a roundabout - I thought I done something real wrong!!!

Sounds good!

What about changing the denoted location?

Wow, you have got yourselves sorted out quickly! Well done. I know what you mean about the air raid siren - we live practically next door to a rural firestation. It wouldn't be so bad if our silly dog didn't howl along with it though! Congratulations on making the move and good luck with the move into your new home.

Thanks everyone - looking forward to a bit more of the fun stuff now!!

Brilliant post, well done on getting the accomodation sorted so quickly. Hope everything else goes as smoothly for you. :O)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast