Thread: Are vaccines required on your health assessment?

Default Are vaccines required on your health assessment?

.. for children? Myself and sig other are vaccinated, but our child is not, and we are not planning on vaccinating him either until at least age 5. Please, not looking to get into the vaccinate debate right now. Just simply looking to find out if this will be a show stopper or not, for the health assessment when applying as a skilled migrant? We are all very healthy. And we are all vaccinated, with the exception of our son. Can someone please let me know if this is a show stopper or now with the health assessment? Can't seem to find it anywhere on the immigration site.
    thanks.

Here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...lExaminers.pdf is the handbook the doctors doing the medicals get their instructions from. You'll be able to check for yourself if there is any reference to vaccinations.

Thank you very much JandM. that is exactly what i was looking for. Looks like we should be in the clear. I cannot find anything mentioning mandatory vaccines prior to entering/applying.

Stay out of Auckland!!! (392 cases of measles since June, 66 required hospitalization.)

Quote Originally Posted by 72andsunny View Post
    Stay out of Auckland!!! (392 cases of measles since June, 66 required hospitalization.)
    And now we have a whooping cough doing the rounds as well.

Wow! We had a measels outbreak here a couple of years ago. 100% of the kids infected had the measels vaccine.

Even stranger they sent the kids without the measels vaccine home from school.

Well, those illnesses are dangerous, and not nice to go through, but I'm from a generation when there was no vaccine against them. I'm here to tell you that it can be touch and go, but with devoted care, you CAN be got through them. (Thanks, Mum and Dad, Gran and Grandad...)

(I think I see the logic of sending the unvaccinated children home - if they catch the illness, they're likely to get it more seriously, so they're trying to keep them clear of the infection.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sidekickeh View Post
    100% of the kids infected had the measels vaccine.
    Do you have a citation/reference for that? The information seems to conflict with every other measles "outbreak" report I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidekickeh View Post
    Wow! We had a measels outbreak here a couple of years ago. 100% of the kids infected had the measels vaccine.
    But I thought you didn't want a discussion on this?

In my experience, discussions on whether to vaccinate or not on internet forums are rareley constructive and should be avoided at all costs. They can get more heated than discussions about politics and religion, so maybe we should include 'vaccination' as a no go in the forum guidelines...

Daniela

yeah your right daniela. Lets not get into it. Both camps dont want to think of the other side, and it is a very touchy subject. I just wanted to know if it were a prerequisite or not on the health assessment. thanks.