Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When is a CO assigned?

Default When is a CO assigned?

Hi, I'm a little confused about when the CO gets assigned to an application. When we got our ITA, the letter said:

"I am the immigration officer who has been assigned to process your residence application should you choose to apply".

Is this person our Case Officer? I thought they got assigned later

I would have said so, too, but that message sounds clear enough. Probably they've got things all set up as, with a job offer and being wanted to start soon, your husband is entitled for his case to go through as fast as possible. It's not to worry over, as long as SOMEBODY is going to process your application!

Told you I like to borrow trouble :-) I must stop reading scare stories on here and elsewhere :-)

HAVING a CO is nothing to be worried about - you'd have reason to whinge if you got a message saying you COULDN'T have one!

i second that JandM

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    HAVING a CO is nothing to be worried about - you'd have reason to whinge if you got a message saying you COULDN'T have one!
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I definitely see it as a good thing - was just a little confused about the order of things

Gracious, I wasn't criticizing, just felt amused at you having a 'problem' lots of people would like to share!

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Gracious
    Now there's a word you don't hear much nowadays

Well, there you go...

Well Reggie I see where you are coming from when you said that you like to borrow trouble. One cannot help but panic when one gets so many different advices with different motives. I have to say that most of the advices I have gotten here are positive which shows that they are on my side but every once a while one comes across some others who try to create panic in others with the motive of making money. Or maybe with the motive of not letting the information be available so easily to others, especially if one makes his daily bread by selling that information.

Not to criticize anybody just letting you know where you are coming from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast