Thread: Tickets booked and fingers crosses

Default Tickets booked and fingers crosses

All the adorable forumites

The next step in the whole process of Moving.
    I have booked my Tickets for the Jan 3rd and hope to get busy with Job Hunt.

Guess all Recruiters/ and HR should be back on feet after the Xmas and New Year.

Cheers for now and Fingers crossed and crossed
    Any input or advice with anything to move is appreciated

Tata for now

Very best wishes for the move.

There are many old threads about moving. One very important thing to check is what you are not allowed to bring into the country because of bio-security. http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/enter

Quote Originally Posted by rashvk View Post
    Guess all Recruiters/ and HR should be back on feet after the Xmas and New Year.
    Hope you aren't expecting this?

Ian

That's less than a month to go, you must be all excited !! I'm sure you must have thought about it, but there are Telecom & Vodafone stores at arrival gate - just in case you wish to buy one prepay card (later switch to post pay or port out to any preferred network)/broadband to get in touch with the family & some ease to settle down.

Prepay broadband is expensive compared to monthly ones. There are some threads on phone cards, unlocking your phones, nearby eateries etc which you might wish to brush up.

Oh yeah...as Ian pointed out, you might not see recruitment & consulting agencies to be back anytime sooner than 9th - 16th Jan.

Good call on the SIM cards. Does 2 Degrees have a kiosk at Auckland International as well? Like to be up and running asap.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottNZ View Post
    Does 2 Degrees have a kiosk at Auckland International as well? Like to be up and running asap.
    I didn't find 2 Degrees store at the terminal, last year I came across Vodafone store and couple of weeks back when I went to drop my wife, I saw another store for Telecom.

However if you still wish to go for 2 Degrees then go to the Countdown store at below address, its close to airport or ask taxi driver to wait while you purchase one sim:

Countdown
    Cnr George Bolt Memorial & John Goulter Drive
    Auckland

Pack everything...you'll be able to use, just change the plugs. Nothing we bought that does not work and saved us a fortune. All we did need was a toaster and kettle.
    Good luck with the move and enjoy your last Christmas and New Year in UK...sunshine here you come!!!
    By the time you have got over jet lag and settled you will be ready work wise...nothing to stop you emailing recruiters before Christmas to prepare them for your arrival.
    Safe trip

All the best to you! Hope u'll be able to settle in well! We'll be flying over in Feb!

There is also the Airport Warehouse that will sell 2degrees SIM cards! I got a cheap phone when I arrived- $99 for the phone, SIM and calling credit!