Thread: Partner's IELTS requirement

Default Partner's IELTS requirement

Guys,

I have been asked to provide IELTS score. I know that for prinicpal applicant they require 6.5 or higher but what score is required of the partner? It keeps changing so I'll appreciate if someone can share the latest value.

thanks in advance for helping me out.

AFAIK there is no particular score required.

However dependant on the result scored it might become necessary to purchase tuition, i.e. ESOL classes.

Overall band score of at least 5 in the General or Academic module. You can search Form number INZ 1060 for more details.

Quote Originally Posted by nzimmi View Post
    Overall band score of at least 5 in the General or Academic module. You can search Form number INZ 1060 for more details.
    Here it is: INZ 1060: English Language Information

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Jo View Post

Default IELTS requirement

Hi, I know this is an old post, but I don't want to open a new one about the same subject, we're starting the process of immigration to NZ, looks like a really nice place to life in, I've a good english level (7.5 on IELTS) but my wife is really low on that, I know she will need to improve her english and she plans to do it as soon as we land in nz, I know she will not need to work for a while until she improves the language skills, but we're sure that my salary will be enough, thus how can we start the process if she cannot achieve the 5.0 on the IELTS tests? Reading the website said that you should provide some probes that the partner will take lessons of english upon arrival but the online system requires her IELTS information to go to the next page,

What would be the steps to follow if I want to immigrate as soon as possible?, taking the english lessons in my Country will not be fast and I'm sure she will not get the same level that she could get if we spend the same money in NZ,

Thanks in advance for your help,

Hello and welcome.

The option if your wife can't show a high enough IELTS score is to agree to pre-purchase ESOL lessons, which is done through INZ at the time of application. It's not proof they require - it's signing up through them.

thx for the (amazing) quick reply, so I should leave her IELTS information blank, where should I signup to these lessons at http:www.immigration.govt.nz/? or will they ask for that at the time I send the documents to support the application?

I know is too much to ask, but what about the costs? I don't see the link at their website to check about this process.

Thanks in advance and sorry if the information is obvious.

sorry, I should take the time to look for this information using the appropriated words before asking. here's the info: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/ex...DCD8615D80.htm

It's very straight forward cross, either your wife needs to score 5.0 or higher otherwise pay the ESOL fees to INZ so if you get approved, she will have to take that education. I think fees is around 2000 to 2500 dollars. You can still attempt IELTS as your application will not be rejected if she does not score 5.0 plus but if you don't score 6.5 plus, it will.