Thread: Verification started - Is the wait over?

Default Verification started - Is the wait over?

I just heard from my employer that they were contacted by NZ Immigration about verification of my current employment.
    I have only one employment experience prior to that.

Can anyone tell me if the verification is short, how many days left till they arrange an interview?

No, nobody can tell you that. It all depends how busy they are in the INZ office right now, which will determine how quickly the CO can get back to your case when once all the information s/he needs is gathered, and also, how quickly and fully people respond to the INZ queries in the first place.

Well, seems like someone is indeed looking at your application and wait might not be too long, as JandM said there must be other areas which your CO might also be checking and their availability. Also with Christmas break coming up, there might be some lull in application processing.

Default Verification started - Is the wait over?

As per my experience, it is other way round As already pointed out by JandM there is no definite dead line. It can still take few weeks but lets hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by mhaque View Post
    As per my experience, it is other way round As already pointed out by JandM there is no definite dead line. It can still take few weeks but lets hope for the best.
    I will be more than happy if there are only few weeks left.

If it helps any, my employer was contacted for verification a few weeks ago and 2 weeks later my residency was approved . Obviously everyone is different but hopefully you should hear soon