Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bmi?

Default Bmi?

Hi all,

I have recently applied for PR under the Partnership catagory...

I filled out the form & had the medical etc & all seemed ok - medical came back with no problems...

Since sending off the application to NZ House in London, I have since read on here & now other places that a BMI over 35 will get your application turned down?

I have a BMI of just under 38 & it is reducing...

Does anyone else have experience in this or does anyone have any info on it?

I have read about a medical waiver or something but I dont really understand it - do you have to pay for it?

I am gutted as we really want to move away & bring up or family (kids 2 & 1) in New Zealand & if it comes back as a no then we cant go & our dreams are shattered... If it comes back as a no - can you re-apply? I genuinely have no idea how it all works & I am now so worried I feel sick!

I hope someone can shed a bit of light? Thanks for reading...

It doesn't get you REFUSED, but, depending on extra tests that MAY be asked for, it may cause you a bit of delay if the MA decides to ask that you work on reducing your BMI. People's experience varies - some MAs demand absolute compliance and right down to 35 (see old threads about Sun777's wife), whereas others are content if you are reasonably healthy and/or moving in the right direction.

IT WON'T HAPPEN to you on this issue, but IF someone was refused outright (unless for such reasons as criminal convictions), yes, they have the right to apply again.

Don't worry about health waivers. If it came to that (which isn't likely - I've never seen anyone on here into that for BMI), your CO would notify you and guide you through it.

All this angst is par for the course for going through emigration and trying to get to terms with all the new information. Breathe. Don't worry.

Thanks for the info - you have made me smile for the first time today!

I was informed that a visa would be refused if I applied with my BMI above 35. I got it down to 34.7 and am waiting to hear now wether we have been accepted or not. I was given a WV with a BMI of 38 but INZ did put a note on my file to say no visa if BMI above 35.

You might just want to read through this thread (it has our experience around BMI issue)

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26174

Don't worry everything will be fine!

well had to have a HBA1C test yesterday as well as my waist measured - I guess I will have to see what the immigration guys say... however having read everything on here I would suggest that if they say yes then somehow I have been blessed!!!

Hi,

So my results have come back & it would appear that I have type 2 diabeties...

I presume that is deffo not going to help my application?!

Sorry about your new diagnosis but it's great that you've now found out and can be treated. If you search the threads you will find several on diabetes and certainly diabetics have gotten through the immigration process previously.

Now I have been asked by immigration to have another blood test, a urine test to detect kidney problems & an ECG!!

Right before christmas all of these extra costs are crippling us - I hope to god its all worth it as we are having to cut back on buying kids presents to fulfil the demands of our application :-(

I just pray that we (eventually) get a yes & can move away!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast