Thread: Medical in just over a week...

Default Medical in just over a week...

I have our medical booked in just over a week's time (Monday 19th). On Friday next week I'm having laser eye surgery (which should mean that I have good unaided vision by the Monday- amazing!).

Now- things that could be a problem: I had spinal surgery 6 years ago (completely corrected). I have the 'before' scan pictures- should I bring those?

Also my wife had a CS for each of our three children. So- does this mean we will be definitely referred (and does referral take place once we have submitted the ITA?). I ask because- I am hoping to submit the ITA in January and seeing other peoples posts confused me: I can't see how one could have a referral and submit the ITA as the referral seems to sometimes take months?

Anyhow- I also had a fatty liver (with abnormal biliprotein measurement) - however when I had that I was 100kg and am now maintaining at around 82kg (!) so hopefully this won't be so high (I was told to lose weight, so I did). Is it the normal thing to mention this??

Also: My wife and I have had genetic tests done- which shows no carried bad genes (phew!)- would it be an idea bringing that?? Or is this non-essential overkill?

Hope these are not too silly questions!

Thanks in advance...

Eliot

Can't comment on other issues but your wife having c-sections is not a problem.

I would say take as much information as possible. The Doctor can then decide what to use and what not to use! Then at least if something comes up you will have the evidence to show what has been done.

All the best with medicals, carry on as much info possible (just in case that helps to reduce unwanted comments). C section was not a problem with OH's medical so you may relax on that.

In my (completely personal) opinion bringing a genetic test result would be overkill....