Thread: Any Diesel Mechanics out there?

Default Any Diesel Mechanics out there?

Hiya all

Are there any diesel mechanics looking for a job?

My boss has just said that a company he knows in Foxton - not far from Palmerston North are looking for 2-3 diesel mechanics, preferably with tractor experience and they are looking for people from the UK.

If you're interested, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll pass it on.

Hi Dave and Sandra,

I’m not a diesel mechanic, but I think it’s really good of you to post this opportunity in the forum.

I’d just like to say that I think it would be a great idea to have a dedicated area for work opportunities for immigrants on the forum.

Bob

P.S
    If your wondering how Warrington is getting on without you, well I was there today, it’s raining and Alice is still having the party. On the way home Widnes was as fragrant as usual :P !

Bob

where you from Bob ?

Marie

Hi Marie,

Do you know Runcorn?

I’m from deepest darkest Yorkshire, My better half is from Runcorn, so that’s where we live now.

We live in a place called Weston Village, I understand that this was one of the villages swallowed up by Runcorn, so I’m told, I don’t really know too much about it. We’ve been here a couple of years now and to be honest I still don’t understand the intricacies of it (Nice place though)

Bob

I must admit - I'd rather be in a freezing cold NZ with it's sunny winter days and blue skies than a miserable, wet Warrington in the middle of summer.

And who could possibly miss Widnes :

seconded, bob_the_engineer. How do you/would one set up a bit like that, on jobs? Sounds quite a sensible thing to do, but as I'm not too good at spotting the downsides of ideas, I expect someone can put me straight? :mrgreen:
    Gil

Hi Dave & Sandra,

What can I say, I hear that and I can’t wait to get there!

Hi Gil,

The dog is fantastic, what have you been feeding it on, Beer (is that your dog?)

Posting Jobs for NZ

I think I’d like to see something like the lounge section in this forum (so you have to log in).

Then I’d like to see employment agencies banned from posting. I get at least 30 emails a week from UK employment agencies, almost all of which are pointless.

I’d like to see an “honesty box” kind of system with the onus on whoever gets a job. A donation could be made to the owners of the website, just to show their gratitude, if they get a job.

Running a website cost money after all!

I think people would post, like Dave & Sandra did, just out of kindness, this would make any posting honest.

What are your thoughts?

Bob