Thread: 'Teacher' removed from TSSL

Default 'Teacher' removed from TSSL

Hello,
    I applied under SMC as a teacher and I also have applied for teacher registration. NZ no longer requires teachers according to TSSL. What becomes of me now? .

Someone pls say something?

Thanks
    Tamasha

Well- you have already submitted your ITA and so it shouldn't affect your application.

Removing from the LTSS means that it is no longer a shortage, therefore I would expect there to be less opportunities once there- so I would look at alternative paths as well.

You would be able to apply for teaching vacancies, however if they arose.

Eliot

As a beginning teacher I would have to agree that there appears to be no shortage of teachers at present.

I would agree that there seems to be no shortage! Each job I applied for had over 50, sometimes 100 applicants! Luckily I got a job offer and got it sorted before the change. I am one of the lucky ones, but I feel sorry for those who are mid process of getting registration etc.

Your case is already being processed under the OLD rules, so the new regulations coming in won't make any difference to you. When you are interviewed, the CO may well have some questions for you about finding jobs, so if (as I see from your other thread that you are already in NZ) you have some contacts already with local schools, or can talk about e.g. going in as a volunteer to get your face known, this may help.

Yes- you are prob ahead of the cut off so hopefully will be ok.

Thanks to All of you here! Helps me think positively inspite of reading many negative comments about the WTR process.
    @JandM, I saw your reply to this thread only after I replied to the previous one!
    I have started looking for jobs, there aren't many. And I need to look for skilled employment, so anything to do with literacy and teaching..I am going for it!

It is good to share and get feedback from here!

Thanks All!

I have just been reading your other post. I wish you all the best for a speedy process
    Last edited by Belmont Babes; 12th December 2011 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belmont Babes View Post
    I have just been reading your other post. I wish you all the best for a speedy process
    Thank you Belmont Babes, I need the luck!