Thread: Small shoe sizes in Christchurch?

Default Small shoe sizes in Christchurch?

Any suggestions for shops that stock reasonably-priced women's shoes (not gym/athletic shoes, just common flats/heels and such) in smaller sizes? Most shops seem to stop at 6 or 7, whereas I am a 5.

A 5 from what country?

Umm, I'm referring to NZ shoe sizes. I was a little too small for the 6 at most shops, so I assumed I was a 5 in NZ shoe size. I fit the 6 in some brands, but most shops seem to stock up to 7 only anyway.

I asked because it's come up on the threads before that it's not always safe to trust the number without trying on the shoe, since you can find shoes in (various) NZ shops with any/all of these size markings. http://www.fourcorners.co.nz/new-zea...ersion-tables/

Well, I heard that some stores cater more towards smaller women, hence the question. I definitely won't be buying anything without trying it on. However, my options seem very limited at this time.

I think this is a great question and would also love to know the answer.

I have a size 1-2 (American) or 32 (UK/Europe) size foot!! When I moved to Sweden I looked everywhere and a shoe shop told me "you can go to King Size Skor" (skor means shoe). Well I looked at the person and said "Not big feet, little feet." It turned out this shop which is also online www.kingsizeskor.se imports shoes from Italy so all real Italian leather in small sizes AND for people with very big feet. Lucky it's in the town of Stockholm where I live so I made sure to go and buy boots to take with me (dress boots that is since I wear the kids size winter boots). The prices are expensive, but so worth it and the shoes last forever, so I've always bought (when looking for good shoes) them there.

Now I'm sorry that doesn't help about Christchurch, but I would love to know if there is a similar size shop anywhere in New Zealand (which maybe can also be found online) that sells women's shoes for tiny feet. I at least know now after being in Sweden such a shop exists somewhere in the world. After all my years in the States, I still never found one as the smallest was considered a size 5 (or 34/35) which still doesn't fit me and kids shoes only works for certain kinds of footwear.

Gah! There is a parent at DD's preschool - in Chch - who sells smaller sized adult shoes but I can't remember her name nor the business name!

I shall have a think.. and scout the car park later, because their vehicle is sign-written

AHA!!! I knew it was something colourful and watery.. bless you, Google

http://www.indigoriver.co.nz/