Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITA received!

Smile ITA received!

Hi everybody!

I am very happy today because finally I received the ITA. I sent my EOI on the 28th of November of 2011 and it was selected on the 30th of November of 2011.

Now I am gathering all the documents that I need, basically the medicals.

I have read in the forum and also in the ITA letter that they don't want folder o plastic sleeves. So I understand that all the papers have to be in a pile and directly in an envelope and ready to go to the courier. I was thinking to do the opposite, to put everything in a folder and order the papers in sleeves to be more organised and explain everything. But it seems that it is not a good idea, isn't it?

Thank you very much to the people of the forum that are really helpful. I may have more doubts in the following days and I will let you know, thank you very much in advances.

No, the sleeves are not a good idea - think of the extra volume of 'things' in the office if EVERYBODY has sleeves. You can help to order your paperwork by making an index sheet, listing the different sections, and then making an introductory sheet for each section, stating what papers are in there, and what they relate to.

Yes, now I understand. It is a good idea and I will do it like that, with introductory sheets.

Thanks, JandM.

Why are introductory sheets a good idea? Aren't they required to find the information that one sends anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by kramvi View Post
    Why are introductory sheets a good idea? Aren't they required to find the information that one sends anyway?
    Yes- but as with everything: if you tell someone what they are about to see then they are more likely to see it! Sometimes what is obvious to us is not obvious to others. Flagging up what is following and directing to how it satisfies the requirements of the ITA will make life for the CO much easier and hopefully there will be less mistakes and misunderstandings.

Eliot

Sure but would a CO appreciate it? Are there more chances of approval then? I know this is a stupid question. lol

NO. You get approval on the basis of points claimed and proved.

Sure but would a CO appreciate it? Are there more chances of approval then? I know this is a stupid question. lol

Ralf is quite right about points, but I also agree with what Delta_Cephei said just above - you're making it easier to find.

Anything you can do to help your CO work your case is good, since it's very much to your advantage if s/he doesn't waste time writing to you, 'where is your xyz document?' when it's already in your bundle but s/he hasn't seen it's in Section B rather than Section A, or realized that in your country, an xyz document is A3 and green, rather than the A4 blue sheet s/he was subconsciously expecting.

For every query the CO has to send out, your file will go back to the bottom of the pile, and, even if you reply immediately, will have to wait to work its way back to the top before it's again attended to.

J and M thats the best answer and I agree. Do you also think that if one makes the work easier for the CO, the more the CO would also feel like helping you out? Or not?

They might FEEL like it, but they work to extremely strict rules, and all cases are verified by a second official before the final outcome is notified.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast