Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price Matching Guarantee

Default Price Matching Guarantee

Hi,

recently i have bought a new canon camera (bundle with 4gb card and pouch) for $225 from bond and bond in Auckland.

now the next day i have seen that the price of the same camera bundle had reduced to $199 in Noel Leeming stores.

the bond and bond website does mention a price match policy and offers a price match within 7 days (as mentioned on the website).

now should i go there and ask for a price match?
    would it be treated as rude?

i have bought the camera yesterday and today the price has fallen.

please suggest.
    thanks.

PS: here is the link to bond and bond's policy:-
    http://www.bondandbond.co.nz/shop/cu...2007632D4.html
    Last edited by fivezero7; 16th December 2011 at 02:11 PM.

It's not rude to take it back if they have a 7 day policy. You've got nothing to lose and $26 to gain.

As Noel Lemming and Bond and Bond are the same company, really shouldn't be any issue and would definitely go for it.

Ian

thanks Ian and dwgknz

i just walked into the store and the manager told me that the 7 day price match policy is before you buy the product, not after you buy the product.

interestingly this is no where mentioned clearly in the terms and conditions on their website.

i have called their call center for intervention, lets see what happens.

will post the whole conversation with the manager soon.
    Last edited by fivezero7; 16th December 2011 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fivezero7 View Post

i just walked into the store and the manager told me that the 7 day price match policy is before you buy the product, not after you buy the product.
    In their terms and conditions:

14. The information you provide the Bond+Bond store will only be used to provide the Price Promise refund to you or to discuss with you your Price Promise claim.

A refund is only possible after you bought the item, hence, it looks like the manager is (let's be charitable here) wrong.

Well as long as it is still in saleable condition then just return it for a gift card and then use the gift card to buy the same product from the other store.

Returns Terms and Conditions:

14 Day Right of Exchange
    The customer can return any product for an exchange or Noel Leeming or Bond & Bond Gift Card within 14 days of purchase. On the condition that the product is returned in its original condition with packaging and invoice.
    Ian

thanks benhila and Ian for your inputs.

i called up the 0800 number yesterday and told the situation to the lady there.

she said i will receive a call from the store manager on whom everything depends now.

which obviously i didn't receive till now.

there seems to be flaws in their policy and what they mention on the site.

i asked the same yesterday to store manager what Ian has suggested, he told me that i can only get a bond and bond gift card.

and after that he told me that you have opened the package and now it can not be returned.

he gave a really lame example (comparison) of this situation with marriage, he said you don't return your wife after using her once.
    i was like ????

anyways, i have stopped chasing that $26 discount now.

although the manager told me that next time i buy something from him, he will give me a 50$ discount, but he just said it verbally

very interesting indeed.

to some extent it was my carelessness too. i had been seeing the camera for 2 weeks now and was noticing the price fall on pricespy.co.nz

when this offer came out i went and bought it as it was the lowest for this camera.

i didn't expect that it can go even lower.
    anyway, it was a good lesson for me to have patience.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

I bought a microwave from Harvey Norman a year ago. The day after I saw the same one advertised for $26 cheaper and emailed Harvey Norman customer services. They got the manager to refund me the difference - which he did begrudgingly!

Quote Originally Posted by fivezero7 View Post
    thanks benhila and Ian for your inputs.

i called up the 0800 number yesterday and told the situation to the lady there.

she said i will receive a call from the store manager on whom everything depends now.

which obviously i didn't receive till now.

there seems to be flaws in their policy and what they mention on the site.

i asked the same yesterday to store manager what Ian has suggested, he told me that i can only get a bond and bond gift card.

and after that he told me that you have opened the package and now it can not be returned.

he gave a really lame example (comparison) of this situation with marriage, he said you don't return your wife after using her once.
    i was like ????

anyways, i have stopped chasing that $26 discount now.

although the manager told me that next time i buy something from him, he will give me a 50$ discount, but he just said it verbally

very interesting indeed.

to some extent it was my carelessness too. i had been seeing the camera for 2 weeks now and was noticing the price fall on pricespy.co.nz

when this offer came out i went and bought it as it was the lowest for this camera.

i didn't expect that it can go even lower.
    anyway, it was a good lesson for me to have patience.
    I'm making note of this to make sure I don't buy from this company - especially considering the tacky comment he made about returning a wife after using her once.

You should be able to lodge a formal complain on their website and see what happens.

May be call up "Target" TV Program and see if they follow up for ypu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast