Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work Commitment After Residency Granted????

Default Work Commitment After Residency Granted????

My ITA has been lodged under the SMC. I am currently employed here in NZ. The job offer gave me the necessary points to submit my EOI.

My question is: Are their any requirements that you must stay with the same employer "after" residency is granted?

Seems I remember reading somewhere on here that there was a three month requirement.

Yes I believe it too. My agent had told me that once.

•If you gained points for an offer of skilled employment, you must take that job up within three months of your first entry into New Zealand. You must also stay in that job for at least three months and provide us with evidence of having done so.
    •If you gained points for already having a skilled job that you have held for less than three months, you must stay in the job for a minimum of three months.
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rant/accepted/

Residency granted on the basis of job offer comes with section 49(1) which means to stay with same employer for three months after which you can apply to remove that condition. I am not sure if you are working for the same employer for some time and you get residency they put this condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Riwaka View Post
    My ITA has been lodged under the SMC. I am currently employed here in NZ. The job offer gave me the necessary points to submit my EOI.

My question is: Are their any requirements that you must stay with the same employer "after" residency is granted?

Seems I remember reading somewhere on here that there was a three month requirement.

So that means that if someone has already worked 3 months 30 hours a week or 4.5 months at 20 hours a week when filling the ITR, the residency would be unconditional.???? Am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by kramvi View Post
    So that means that if someone has already worked 3 months 30 hours a week or 4.5 months at 20 hours a week when filling the ITR, the residency would be unconditional.???? Am I right?
    If you already met the condition of having worked for more than 3 months then you won't have that condition to meet. It doesn't necessarily mean that the residency will be unconditional!!!

Ian

So let me get this straight. If a student worked part time for an employer while on a student visa which equaled to at least 3 months, and the same employer offered him a full time position, he does not have any commitment to work for that employer after residency is granted. Am I correct?

I can't find enough detail in the operational manual to give an answer.

Anyway, a fact Ian was referring to, INZ can put a condition on any visa (except PR), depending on the circumstances of an individual case. http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/section491.htm

Do we guess that the applicant doesn't like the employer, or can see a better offer coming up in the near future?

My understanding was for the people on work visa, not a student.

Quote Originally Posted by kramvi View Post
    So let me get this straight. If a student worked part time for an employer while on a student visa which equaled to at least 3 months, and the same employer offered him a full time position, he does not have any commitment to work for that employer after residency is granted. Am I correct?

I was referring to a student applying on a skilled migrant category.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast