Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Locations

Default Wedding Locations

Within the stress & trauma of getting PR I thought I would share this with you all.

The reason that made Keith & I consider emigrating to NZ was that we were looking for somewhere to get married, but then decided to make a lifelong honeymoon of it

Actually it was me who said to Keith, it seems expensive to go all that way, how about a one way trip

We will be moving to NZ mid next year so it could be a while before we choose the actual location & date; but for those of you that are already there if you have any comments on any of the places mentioned in the wedding site link, we'd be happy to hear them.

http://www.weddingsnewzealand.com/wedding-locations.htm

There are some amazing places to get married that it's hard to choose.

The traditional English wedding is not an option, we've both "been there, done that" so are considering more the small chapel such as the Chapel by the Lake.

My thoughts were also that I may miss having friends & family at our wedding, but by the time we get there I'm sure we could have a few in the congregation from making friends via this forum.

Debby & Keith

Yeh!! A wedding, have I packed my hat?

I'm sure we will all come and cheer you on. Good luck and congrats too.

Deborah

Default Wedding

Hello Debby and Keith.

My brother got married this year in Auckland.

He had his reception and the Sorrento Club, which is situated in the grounds of One Tree Hill.

It's a fab location and has superb views over Auckland it self!!

Sorry not sure about the website!!!!

Leigh

What about bungey jumping in your wedding dress

What a lovely website!

I quite liked the Tranquility one.

But if i had my way i can think of a couple of nice options.

1) Kaikoura in winter - get married on the ocean front with the bright blue water - blue skies and the snow on the mountains (and eat loads of crayfish after!!)

2) Vineyard - well the drink would be sorted! There is a nice little church in Martinborough (Wairarapa) and plenty of vineyards nearby. Possibly lends itself to horse and carriage since Martinbrough is an old town.

I have some friends who got married near Macra (Wgtn) and although i didnt go it looked lovely. Also have some friends who got married on Raro - looked really fun!

hi keith and debby

our best wishes to you both, and congratulations for 2 auspicious occasions - getting married and moving to new zealand! wonder if we'll make it to nz before that day? anyways, we'll be there in spirit if not in person!

just remember it's not the place or the people who're with you that counts on your wedding day... it's just both of you, and the promises you make to each other. i pray and hope you get to keep them "till death do you part"...

would you like kids? may you be blessed with at least one, if so. if not, may you still be blessed with a child's eye and trust even as you grow old together.

annie

We came here for our honeymoon.

I thinkj this would be a beautiful place to get married (and will probably be a helluva lot cheaper that what we paid in the UK)

One of the places we stayed was Lanark House in Dunedin - hosts were a brit and his irish wife. Very lovely couple. There was actyually a wedding there while we were staying, and it did look lovely. Not only that but I can recommend the food! I know they were planning some renovations to the house - but its an old victorian style lodge.

Our other favorite places where we blew the budget (becaue otherwise we stayed in cheap motels) were Cavalli beach House in Northland and Matakauri Lodge near Queenstown. Dont know if the do weddings, but they are spectacularly beautiful places - perfect getaways imho.

Dont know if that helps - but if it does - great!

Have you seen any wedding magazines from here (I used to hate the things -not really my thing). Im sure we could post one to you .

Avalon

Bungee jumping - now there's a thought

We could always go for a traditional Maori wedding, I'm sure that would be very memorable.

Vinyard sounds good, stomping grapes in my wedding dress

We're a bit too old for more kids, recapturing our past youth again now and coming to NZ for a bit of fun & adventure, otherwise known a mid-life crisis

I am interested to see what type of wedding dresses they have there besides the traditional, I'm not the traditional type of person, any links anyone has would be useful.

Thanks for all your comments.

Debby & Keith

Debby

I have already picked the location for my daughter wedding .

I know she only 10 but I am very well planned.

http://www.missionestate.co.nz/

It's the mission estate winery. I've been there twice now and well impressed by the views and building.

It's in Napier BTW which generally has better weather especialley for a wedding.

Jo

There are loads of places and things to do. What do you like doing?
    A lot of people in NZ now get married at the beach,rose gardens or even in someones garden. My daughter who's only 14 want sto get married on a boat with Dolphins swimming around her.

Here are some links to look at.

A couple of years ago I went to a cousins wedding at The Mudbrick which is at Waiheke Island, Auckland . It was the most stunning wedding I have ever been too. The bride organised for the bridal party only these little white pieces of paper and she said now open them very carefully and then out popped Monarch Butterflies, it was amazing.

http://www.formosa.co.nz/venues_wedding.htm
    http://www.mudbrick.co.nz/weddings.htm
    http://www.nzweddingservices.co.nz/

Carol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast