Thread: SM11.10.1 b

Default SM11.10.1 b

As per SM11.10.1 b:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/11820.htm

"Work experience undertaken in a country not listed at (a) above will be assessed as being in a comparable labour market only if it was undertaken for a multinational commercial entity (including a wholly or majority owned subsidiary of such an entity that bears the same core name as the parent company) domiciled in one of the countries listed in (a) above."

My Que.:

....including a wholly or majority owned subsidiary of such an entity that bears the same core name as the parent company....

In my case, Parent company (from Germany) has taken 80% shares of Child company (means subsidiary company in India where i work), But due to certain reasons both have different companies names, but there is official announcement on web about this 80-20 partnership between my company & German parent company.

So, Is it enough to meet SM11.10.1 b requirements?

Please guide me.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by engineers.ind View Post
    ....including a wholly or majority owned subsidiary of such an entity that bears the same core name as the parent company....

Please guide me.

Thanks.
    As it fails part of the requirements, why would you think that it is enough?

Ian

...including a wholly or majority owned subsidiary of such an entity that bears the same core name as the parent company....
    It reads including - not and!
    So I'm inclined to think that it might be accepted.

Thanks... IanW99, Ralf-nz .

//////////////////////////////
    To: IanW99
    As it fails part of the requirements, why would you think that it is enough?...
    Can you please let me know where do I fail?
    /////////////////////////////

In the case of ...majority owned subsidiary..., name of Child Company may not be the same as Parent company.

In my case:
    Parent Company ABC AG from Germany has taken 80% share of Indian company DEF PVT LTD & After take over process, name of child company (here DEF PVT LTD) is DEF PVT LTD subsidiary of ABC AG.
    So is it enough for this?

Thanks....

In my case:
    Parent Company ABC AG from Germany has taken 80% share of Indian company DEF PVT LTD & After take over process, name of child company (here DEF PVT LTD) is DEF PVT LTD subsidiary of ABC AG.
    So is it enough for this?

Thanks....
    Sometimes COs just go by matching each word and in your case it doesn't seem to fall straightforward in black or white side. e.g. "ABC AG" is not same as "DEF PVT LTD" but on a broader scale there is fineline linking both of these, perhaps it might be same!

Could you drop this question to INZ?