Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tourist visa refused, may I enter with passport?

Unhappy Tourist visa refused, may I enter with passport?

Hi all, this forum is great!
    That's the question: my 4,5 months visitor visa application was refused because the Italian New Zealand embassy is "not satisfied that you are a genuine visitor because you haven't demonstrated sufficient social or economic incentives to return to Italy".
    They have " strong concerns that you do not intend to stay temporary in New Zealand and that will remain unlawfully and break the condition of any visa granted to you".
    I wonder how this will influence my possibility of enter with only a passport.
    P.S. I definitely have any intention to stay illegally.
    Thanks for the reply.

It's very hard to say whether or not this refusal would cause you problems if you arrived just with your passport for a three month visit. I don't know if INZ record failed applications. You might be interrogated at the airport. Considering what the grounds for refusal are, would it be possible to arrange some evidence of future plans back in Italy, so that, if asked, you would be able to say, for instance, 'Here is my contract for the job (or training course) I'm starting (or the new flat I'm moving into) in my home town just after I get home'? If they check with whatever places in Italy mentioned, and get the reply that they know about you, this ought to ease things.

Thanks JandM for the kind reply.
    Points against me:
    1) the embassy said they record failed applications.
    2) I think the custom office at the airport basically will not take he responsibility to contradict what the embassy has already decided, UNLESS
    In my favour:
    1) I will be able to submit new significant (that's the point, I agree with you) document.
    2) There is no automatic refusing of a permit for visa waiver after a visa was refused (I checked the INZ website).

What about suggest the custom office for a bond if they still don't trust me?
    From INZ: "The objective of a bond is to facilitate the entry of visitors who would not otherwise be accepted for temporary entry because of a risk that they might remain in New Zealand after their temporary permit expires".

Quote Originally Posted by Ranata View Post
    Hi all, this forum is great!
    That's the question: my 4,5 months visitor visa application was refused because the Italian New Zealand embassy is "not satisfied that you are a genuine visitor because you haven't demonstrated sufficient social or economic incentives to return to Italy".
    They have " strong concerns that you do not intend to stay temporary in New Zealand and that will remain unlawfully and break the condition of any visa granted to you".
    I wonder how this will influence my possibility of enter with only a passport.
    P.S. I definitely have any intention to stay illegally.
    Thanks for the reply.
    You say you have intentions to stay illegally! I guess you meant you have NO intentions to stay illegally..
    Are you planning on coming for a holiday or to try and get work?
    I would maybe resubmit an application after talking to the Embassy or contact an immigration lawyer?

Good luck

Yes, NO intention of staying illegally, of course.
    You see? For a little mistake if you would have been an embassy you would have refuse a visa to me forever .
    Holiday mainly, but also trying to figure out if there is seasonal job for the 2012-2013 summer; in this case I will fly back again (with a working visa in my hand). This seems to be a nightmare for the embassy and I don't understand why. I talked so much with the embassy and till now I think we have lost trust each other; them to me to stay legally, me to them to understand my real intentions. I tried to contact immigration lawyers but mainly they work on immigration, residence, not "simple" tourist visa. Do you know anyone who can be interested on helping me?

quite frankly, i think you have burned your bridges so to speak. Give it up and try another country. Once you on record with INZ you automatically on record with Customs. You will have a very hard time getting into NZ, except if you land up here with a paid for return ticket 3 weeks or less and verifiable proof of fund to support yourself for that short period.

More so the fact that you are not on the skilled list and as you mentioned, looking for seasonal work.

I am not an expert but from my own experience I would say that you still have a chance. I had overstayed illegally in US and that was a concern that the immigration had for which I was not granted the visa twice initially. The third time I explained to them everything truthfully and that I would not do it again. This time I got granted a visa. After that I have been issued a visa twice to NZ but I never overstayed and this time they granted it without much verification, etc.

So what I am saying is that since you did not stay illegally, you have a better chance than I did, to convince them. By the way does anyone know if there a way one can sign a bond that guarantees one's returning to one's own country?

By the way does anyone know if there a way one can sign a bond that guarantees one's returning to one's own country?
    No, there isn't, that I've ever heard of. What would be the point? If you think about it, taking on a visa for a limited amount of time is in a way a legal contract that an applicant enters into, his part of which is his understanding that he is not allowed to be in the country once it's over. If he's capable of ignoring that, he's just as likely to be able to ignore any paper promise if it became inconvenient.

A bond means the applicant gives up to 5000 dollars to INZ; this money will be refunded only if the applicant will not overstay.

Ranata did you enquire about this? How do you know? And is 5000 dollars the maximum amount for the bond?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast