Thread: Travel cot needed in Havelock North

Default Travel cot needed in Havelock North

Hi All,

It feels like an age since I last got a chance to visit and read properly, lots going on since my initial 'we're thinking of emigrating, help!' posts Anyway, we're now definitely emigrating (hurrah) and land in NZ in Feb. We're going into a rental place to begin with, whilst we find our feet and work out whereabouts we want to buy a place (it'll be Havelock North at any rate, just not sure of where in Havelock yet!) The reason for my post is that we'll obviously be without our worldly posessions when we land and I wondered if anyone in the Havelock North area had a travel cot we could borrow/buy when we arrive? I understand that Trademe is excellent but we'll be in need of the cot asap after we arrive and I'm not sure Trademe would be the quickest option. As I said, am happy to buy the travel cot, we'll probably need one longer term for when friends/relatives come to visit anyway, so if you have one not being used anymore, I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by RHT View Post
    Hi All,

It feels like an age since I last got a chance to visit and read properly, lots going on since my initial 'we're thinking of emigrating, help!' posts Anyway, we're now definitely emigrating (hurrah) and land in NZ in Feb. We're going into a rental place to begin with, whilst we find our feet and work out whereabouts we want to buy a place (it'll be Havelock North at any rate, just not sure of where in Havelock yet!) The reason for my post is that we'll obviously be without our worldly posessions when we land and I wondered if anyone in the Havelock North area had a travel cot we could borrow/buy when we arrive? I understand that Trademe is excellent but we'll be in need of the cot asap after we arrive and I'm not sure Trademe would be the quickest option. As I said, am happy to buy the travel cot, we'll probably need one longer term for when friends/relatives come to visit anyway, so if you have one not being used anymore, I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

Thanks in advance!
    Sorry, our is in full use at the moment for the summer! If nothing else comes up (and you can't time your arrival with a sale at farmers), lots of places hire them.

Baby on the Move seems to be on the high, high end (but they have their prices on line): http://www.babyonthemove.co.nz/index...y&path=119_121

Don't Plunket hire them out so you could collect straight away?
    http://www.plunket.org.nz/

Thanks so much guys, didn't even think we'd be able to hire one so I hadn't even thought of that as an option! You stars, thanks x

We bought one from BabyCity for $80, its cheap but seems to be of good quality. The brand was Milano I think.

We have a Motel in Havelock North - we have two of them for guest use - you are very welcome to borrow one for a few days until you are settled.

Message me....

Amanda

Hello and welcome.

Default Welcome to Havelock

Seems to be a honey pot for expats!

Mind you great choice, easy living, good people, village atmosphere, not far from Ocean Beach and Te Mata Peak...

Enjoy the journey getting here and feel free to message me if you'd like a tour guide when you land!

Jon

Thanks so much everyone, sorry for lack of response - we've had a hectic few weeks during which we've 'done' Christmas with 3 children, attended one wedding, a christening, packed up our wordly belongings, waved the container off, waved the husband off (he's currently sunning himself in Havelock North and trying to find us a house for our arrival in 4weeks!) and myself and the 3 kids are now safely ensconced at my Mum's until we fly out. Phew. Anyway, Amanda THANK YOU, I'll pm you. Jon, a tour guide sounds fab, will be in touch (need all the insider knowledge I can get!) For what it's worth my husband has been absolutely overwhelmed by how helpful, friendly and open everyone he's met so far has been. I'm looking forward to seeing the places that he keeps mailing pictures of (the sod, especially given the wet, miserable weather we're enduring at the mo!)

We bought a travel cot from asda and the airline didn't count it as weight cause it's part of the infant allowance