Thread: Flights from Auckland to London

Default Flights from Auckland to London

Not sure this is the right category but wondering if anyone can suggest good travelagent / broker site for flights to the UK. I heard that Malaysia Airlines were doing a good deal but can't find it (probably sold out)

Quote Originally Posted by Charliefarley View Post
    Not sure this is the right category but wondering if anyone can suggest good travelagent / broker site for flights to the UK.
    We've been using the Flightcentre for the last few years, and have always had a good deal and a very friendly and patient (yes, we tested that ) travelagent there.

Daniela

www.expedia.co.nz is my resource when it comes to flights

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

I second Daniela for the Flight Centre.

I recently decided to book a flight to the UK for Xmas.

I looked around online as that's typically how I book my flights.

But I thought I'd try them for the hell of it.

They beat the cheapest online price I could find (webjet.co.nz) by over $100.

Not much in the grand scheme of things but every c counts when you're spending a couple of grand!

She also tried doing some "trick" with Singapore Airlines that she said often brought up cheaper fares and only travel agents know it (it's somewhere in the booking system). Sadly, because it's Xmas, she couldn't get any better.

So even though she'd beaten the price I'd found, she still tried to get it cheaper.

And I tested their patience as well when it came to booking specific seats (I'm particularly fussy about this )

It's a bit late but hey, thanks!

Just in case anyone's curious, there's no trick involved. Flight Centre negotiates both global and regional preferred contracts with specific airlines. These allow them to sell tickets well below the published fare if FC choose to do so. In really competitive markets like Australia they discount deeply on preferred carriers who will reward them with volume sales target benefits. Which is one of the reasons they tend to offer the best deals on secondary carriers.

It's called consolidation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manks View Post
    I second Daniela for the Flight Centre.

She also tried doing some "trick" with Singapore Airlines that she said often brought up cheaper fares and only travel agents know it (it's somewhere in the booking system). Sadly, because it's Xmas, she couldn't get any better.

So even though she'd beaten the price I'd found, she still tried to get it cheaper.