Thread: Ideas....

Default Ideas....

Hello! We're entering our third week in NZ already! It's been a fabulous vacation so far! We've been up for a short spell in the Northland and a lovely 4 day weekend in the Waikato already!

We'll be heading out to Coromandel and possibly Tauranga this weekend. Looking for inexpensive accomodations, and things to do for the kids, though, two days on the beach would suit the kids just fine as well! Any recommendations on beaches? Inexpensive hotels that don't shut down so close to Christmas?

Also, in the first week of January, we'll be heading down to Wellington. Driving! (Yes, I'm nuts!) Any good places to stay with kids in Welly? Any must-sees?

Any good places to spend New Years? We've already been invited to a hangi for Christmas day. Now to fill up the New Year slot!

Thanks for the help!

-Richard, Lucy, and Family!

The beaches on the east coast of the Coramandel are all pretty wonderful. We stayed at a bach at Whangamata which has a really beautiful beach and safe swimming. And Hot Water Beach is a an experience worth going to at least once. The ocean is often dangerous at Hot Water Beach but the hot water part is fun and safe, if a bit crowded at times.

Sorry I can't recommend accommodations as we have always used BookaBach for the Coramandel.

I second Hot Water beach as well, just be careful as my son almost burnt his feet as it does get pretty hot if you dig a pool.

Have a look at the link for: 101 things to do in Wellington; you are bound to find some ideas there.

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....ngs+wellington