Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FBI results finally back!

Default FBI results finally back!

So that means we can get our visa applications submitted in the next week or so! I believe that the processing time for the LA office is rather shorter than some others, so here's hope for a quick and easy process!

Default FBI results finally back!

Best of Luck with your Application !

Good luck so what is your situation now?

By the way I wanted to ask if I can use the fingerprints form from the US FBI report for getting my Australian Federal Check. I went to the police station and they were out of those. However they took my fingerprints on printed copies of the forms I had taken from the US fingerprints link. Shouldn't matter I suppose.

Whewwwwww What a rip off. 145 dollars for an Australian Federal Check versus 18 dollars for an FBI check from US.

Quote Originally Posted by mighty mouse View Post
    So that means we can get our visa applications submitted in the next week or so! I believe that the processing time for the LA office is rather shorter than some others, so here's hope for a quick and easy process!
    I did this in July, so it might have changed since then, but are you sure you're supposed to send it to LA? I am from San Diego and we had to send ours to Washington DC.

I think you get what you pay for. If I had known the FBI would take 12 weeks for a 2 second check, I'd have paid to expedite it through an agency.

Would an agency be any quicker? Do they have a preference?

Oh, really? I thought it was to LA - I'll check with my husband though. We'll be sending in the visa apps this week. We're not moving there permanently; my husband is starting a doctorate program over there, and I'm doing a partnership visa. Not sure if that makes a difference on anything at all?

Quote Originally Posted by mighty mouse View Post
    Oh, really? I thought it was to LA - I'll check with my husband though. We'll be sending in the visa apps this week. We're not moving there permanently; my husband is starting a doctorate program over there, and I'm doing a partnership visa. Not sure if that makes a difference on anything at all?
    It probably does!

We're in Riverside and we just sent our WTR application to the Santa Monica Consulate as well, so I hope that was the right place!

Also, I'm not understanding the delays with getting an FBI check - we went to a place in town with a biometric machine that went directly to the FBI and got our results the next day by email - cost $48 each. After reading about how long everyone's police certificates were taking I was worried that what we got wasn't going to be good enough, but I described it to the immigration official over the phone and she said that it would be fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast