Thread: Travel movement records

Default Travel movement records

Hi all,

I got my telephone interview last month and I just recieved e-mail requesting more information. I am not very clear about some of information requested, such as 'Travel movement records for both you and your partner', does it refers to my international traval records? for both my wife and I haven't traveled to New Zealand, can I say it is not applicable to us? I hope someone can explain the meaning of it.

Many thanks,
    Jackpea

Hello and welcome.

This is a question I haven't heard about before, so this answer is a guess. I don't think you can say it isn't applicable to you. It seems likely that INZ are asking because they want to know where in the world you have been before, and how long you stayed there. For one thing, some countries are held under suspicion because of their record of drug trafficking, so people who have been there are checked out very carefully. For another thing, maybe they want to know how much experience you have of living out of your own country, to see how you're likely to settle in NZ.

You can provide them a sheet with travel history like country visited, duration of stay, purpose of visit (business, tourism etc) and so on for each country. Just make sure that what you tell them is what you stated on EOI/ITA.

And of course, the most recent trips will be recorded in your passport.

Default Travel Movement Records

It was asked from me also once I applied for student visa. I provided my CO with a sheet containing information already suggested by rizjunior.