Thread: Job Relevance for a WTR Visa Holder

Question Job Relevance for a WTR Visa Holder

Hi,

I'm planning to fly to NZ with WTR visa around March. I understand that I am expected to find a job relevant if not exactly the same as the occupation indicated in my WTR. I wonder what degree of relevance to the job is required for me?

For example, I am a .NET C# software developer with 5 years of experience developing in airline industry. If I cannot land a job as developer, would NZ immigration approve of, say, business analyst position for an airline to grant me the residence visa?

TIA
    Anonimoose

Hi
    The BA Skill code is = "261111 ICT Business Analyst" and is different from "261312 Developer Programmer",hence it will not be considered the same Skill for WTR . However you may double check with Immigration NZ.

Source:http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/i35162.htm

Thanks shawankit!

Do they attest WTR with a job code/description?

If the job is in IT sector shouldn't it be fine if you are working as a BA or Developer since some Developers do play role of BA also?

Experts, please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy_2011 View Post
    If the job is in IT sector shouldn't it be fine if you are working as a BA or Developer since some Developers do play role of BA also?

Experts, please advise.
    Developer's role is sometimes restricted to technology whereas BA has more flexibility across various projects/platforms. However I'm not sure how INZ makes this demarcation; for people working as developer and doing business analysis (or Technical BA) part time - they would be considered as Developer as majority of the time they are working on technology/programming/designing a solution etc.

Guys, As long as your job is in ICT industry, which is related, you are good to convert your WTR into PR and i don't see any problem with that.
    If you got a job which is not in your related industry than yes you might not be able to get your WTR converted into PR easily or at all.

Cheers.

Thanks everyone I will ask my CO about it then.. btw, just got my passport today with the blue sticker! So this is how it looks like!

I owe everything to this forum and I must give special mention to JandM! Such an angel! Thank you!