Thread: Places to stay short-term, anywhere in NZ

Default Places to stay short-term, anywhere in NZ

Hello All,

I am new to the forum, but I've been lurking for a few months.

Our (my husband, son and I) move to Dunedin, NZ is coming up, January 10th, from Canada. We have our Visas and everything is almost set.

My husband has a job as a professor at the University of Otago, and the Uni has put us up at a motel for the first two weeks after we arrive. We've been very lucky to have found a house to rent (it's insulated and has double-glazed windows! And views!) for 6 months, starting Feb 18th.

So we have an opportunity to travel around all of NZ for 3.5 weeks before work begins.

It's a little bit of an issue, because we'd actually really like to adjust to the move with some R&R, rather than intensive travel.

So we're looking for house-sitting opportunities anywhere in New Zealand from Jan 24th-Feb 18th.

Please let us know if you know of anything!

And we're happy to let you know more about us.

~Jessica

You might check out volunteering on a WWOOF farm.

http://www.wwoof.co.nz/

We did this for a couple of months when we first arrived and had a great time. You can do it right around your local area where you are going to live as well.

I have WWOOFed before, in Europe, and I loved it. I hesitate with my four year old son and husband, however. Thanks for the thought.