Thread: Partner-based work visa- family stream

Default Partner-based work visa- family stream

Hey all....quick question as it seems I am confusing myself through all this reading and forms and whatnot.

My NZ citizen boyfriend and I will be applying for a Partner-based, sponsorship temporary work visa through the family stream, for me when I arrive over there this February. We have been dating for almost a year and live together whenever we visit each other 3 times thus far this year, for weeks at a time.

Do I need both the Partner Supporting Partnership Form (1146) and the Sponsorship Form for Temporary Entry (1025)...or just one or the other?

Yes I am probably over thinking this but it never hurts to ask.

Also, if I am wanting to be able to return to the States for short periods of time after my visa is accepted, do I need to fill out the Travel Conditions and Variations Form and turn it in with the rest of my application?
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1020.pdf

Thank you in advance

According to this page http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../familystream/ you need the INZ1146. INZ 1025 is about sponsorship, which you don't need as you're joining your partner.

Under question H2 of INZ 1146, it says. 'Note: work visas normally allow multiple entry travel.' So you shouldn't need to apply for it separately. I think in your place, I might add a note beside that answer on the form, or in a covering letter, saying you want multiple entry travel to be possible.

Thank you JandM. So no sponsorship form needed. But I will need the INZ 1146 AND the INZ 1015?? According to the link that you provided?

Also....I have no Section H in the PDF of the 1146 I printed out from the INZ website?? There is also no section H in the PDF that opens from the website either? 8 pages were printed off, ending with Section G.
    I am very confused by this?

Yes, you need INZ 1146 and INZ 1015. The one is your partner saying, 'Yes, let her in, she belongs with me,' and the other is you saying, 'Please let me in'.

Also....I have no Section H in the PDF of the 1146 I printed out from the INZ website?? There is also no section H in the PDF that opens from the website either? 8 pages were printed off, ending with Section G.
    I am very confused by this?
    I'M SORRY - my mistake. The H2 I was looking at is from INZ 1015. Don't worry - INZ 1146 does indeed only have up to section G.

Ahh had me worried there for a minute, as I scrambled through pages hunting for a Section H!

And hey! Those laymans terms for the forms are quite catchy, not to mention helpful! I motion that we suggest to the INZ that they change those to the official application titles

(I'll only make them a small charge for the copyright!)

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Under question H2 of INZ 1015, it says. 'Note: work visas normally allow multiple entry travel.' So you shouldn't need to apply for it separately. I think in your place, I might add a note beside that answer on the form, or in a covering letter, saying you want multiple entry travel to be possible.

JandM...in question to your earlier statement about this section on form 1015, H2 asks "Date you intend to finally depart New Zealand". Well...not exactly sure what to put here? Does this mean the length of time I am hoping to get my visa approved for? Should I enter a date approximately a year from when I will be lodging the application? Because I DO intend to be able to return to the States to visit family and get my belongings before returning to get work and settle, but I am guess that is not the date they are interested in?

PS. Is the "Family Work Instruction" that I keep seeing on this 1015 form the same as the Family Stream Work Application (Partnership-based, as that is what I qualify for)?

I've been trying to call up the form to check these points, but at the moment, every time I get the front page of the form, then everything freezes up. Grrr! So this is guesswork, and maybe someone who has gone this route already will cut in, from their experience.

About the departure date question: I believe this form is for a whole lot of different kinds of temporary work visa, and for some of those kinds, the person would indeed be intending to leave again, whereas in your position, you don't. You might put a year's time, or you might put 'indefinite', or you might ask INZ. Anybody out there, what did you do?

I guess that "Family Work Instruction" probably refers to the Operational Manual. I can see "WF Family Stream Work Instructions", accessed via Temporary entry class visa » Work visas » WF Family stream work instructions. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/index.htm