Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How have your habits changed?

Default How have your habits changed?

At this time of year my habits change for the worse. I eat and drink too much. I don't get enough exercise. I watch too much TV and spend too much time on the computer. And I hate the darkness with a vengeance.

I suppose when you move countries your habits must change as well. Have yours much in kiwiland. For the better or worse?

Mr Nosy.

I drink more coffee from cafes because it is so good. I spend much less money on clothes and consumables. I make more things - both food and crafty stuff, and I have come to believe that I can make or fix most things which I never thought before. I eat out less, but eat breakfast out more often. I shop around for better prices and food - e.g. I get my fruit and veg in a greengrocer shop instead of the supermarket.

I walk far more than I did at home, mostly due to not having a car here, but also because living downtown it just seems smarter to walk than to drive about and try to find parking spaces. At home I would hop in my car to drive half a km to the store, whereas in Auckland I spend a good hour of each day walking places. The weather is better, and for the most part you can walk in the rain with your umbrella without it turning inside out or blowing from your hand...it was a lot windier back home!

I eat out more, due to not having a whole lot of space for groceries and cooking in my apartment.

Oh, and I've been wearing flip flops for 3.5 months and counting!

The wine is too good here! So drink more-eat more (more time for cooking). Watch more TV (fewer friends to go round to see)

Luckily nothing much has changed for me in terms of habit but I do get more time at gym, I worry less about whats happening around the world, smartphone keeps me occupied sometimes. On the plus side, I have started cooking at home, we go out for a walk along the beach....basically fun element has increased

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    On the plus side, I have started cooking at home, we go out for a walk along the beach....basically fun element has increased
    That would do for me

I found that things have changed. I generally exercise more, though not at the moment as I am coughing too much. I joined a gym. I use the library more, as the selection is so good. I eat sushi which I love as it is reasonably priced and am doing more home baking when work allows. I also watch less TV, but that is probabl more a comment on the tv.

I worry less about whats happening around the world, And this will do it for me!

I guess since being here, I've eaten more rubbish food than the UK (crisps, choc etc) as I've missed the stuff I'd get in the UK which isn't reasonably priced here - e.g. lychees, watermelon, veg crispts etc.

I've eaten a lot more avocados as they're a lot cheaper.

Postively though, I've done more outside - even walks round the garden (as it's a lot bigger), drives to the mountains etc.

The biggest Habit changes was the old quiet beer in the local (no local) or a look round the shops (means drive to the mall, which is always very painful to park, so don't bother)....

I drink more coffee out
    I relax more outside
    I dont watch much TV
    I eat seasonal food
    I cook more from scratch
    I miss more football matches on the TV!
    I commute less to work
    I go to the beach more
    I have a garden guy to mow my lawns as I cant be arsed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast