Thread: Job offer in Auckland

Default Job offer in Auckland

I've just been offered a job in Auckland with a salary of NZ$90k plus a car.

From previous links, it looks like this is a fair salary for that part of the country.

Should it be enough to support "her indoors" and two growing boys?

The cost of living indicator suggestes that I should be Ok but I would appreciate comments from anyone in Auckland on a similar salary.

Thanks.

Well done with the job offer.

We're due out there in September and OH has job based out of Auckland.

We were advised not to touch anything under about 80K - 90K. My brother lives out there and he reckons that you need around $4-$5K per month just to live (in his opinion that's fairly average with two children, activities/hobbies to fund, odd takeaways, clothing - but does not include holidays which if leaving NZ are expensive as you need to fly!).

A great deal depends on what sort of life you tend to live - I admit that we are a bit of a city family and need/want the extra facilities that a city will bring. Obviously the further you live out of a town the cheaper it is, but with my OH's job he need to work near the commercial centres!

Best of luck with everything!

...What's your profession Mr. Cicken?

Thanks, Lisa.

That fits in with what I've picked up elsewhere on the forum. We live a fairly rural existence at the moment and it's really hard for us to judge costs in the city.

Hope all goes well for you in September. Where are you hoping to live?