Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ikea Auckland

Default Ikea Auckland

having been interested enough to look up the website I then did a price comparison UK to NZ....why is the stuff twice as expensive (shelving unit 33 pounds...$149) when the earning capacity here is less. Even adding a bit on for shipping and some for tax it seems wrong.
    Very disappointed, I don't think I will be buying anything from them.

Because there is no Ikea in Auckland or New Zealand for that matter. The website are importers of Ikea from Australia with a hefty mark-up

Quote Originally Posted by veronica View Post
    having been interested enough to look up the website I then did a price comparison UK to NZ....why is the stuff twice as expensive (shelving unit 33 pounds...$149) when the earning capacity here is less. Even adding a bit on for shipping and some for tax it seems wrong.
    Very disappointed, I don't think I will be buying anything from them.
    Agreed. My OH and I go to Australia at least once a year to visit family and bring stuff back from Ikea - so far we've brought back a computer desk, dining table, TV bench and other little things for around the house.

My Flatpack are just like any other business, there to make money and if there's demand then they'll just continue doing it. It's a bit of a shame but that's the way it is

I take solace in the fact that electronic media has removed any need for bookshelves. Now, if someone could just come up with digital crockery and holographic clothing, I think I'd be able to scrape enough together for a POÄNG and a MALM.

Quote Originally Posted by VileTraveller View Post
    I take solace in the fact that electronic media has removed any need for bookshelves. Now, if someone could just come up with digital crockery and holographic clothing, I think I'd be able to scrape enough together for a POÄNG and a MALM.
    You must be joking. Get rid of the technology and give me a well stocked home library any day. (which I'm currently building).

Nick..

That place is expensive! I looked up HOL Side Table and they are £15.99 vs. $189.00.. We've been looking for a couple more recently.. Guess we'll keep looking!

A bit of thread necromancy! The headline sounds doom-and-gloomy, but "a few years" is what you would expect with something the size of IKEA. Anyway, it'll be more than a year before I'm ready to start my applications, so hopefully it'll be ready for me when I need some furniture!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...few-years-time

Hah! Talk's cheap... I guess New Zealand will believe it WHEN they see it!

I am always surprised that people deem IKEA the solution to everything. Admittedly, I haven't lived in Germany for more than 10 years, but even then, the good quality furniture that IKEA had wasn't that cheap.
    Lots of people went through more for buying 'stuff', like candles, napkins, all sort of decorative items- always coming out with way more than originally intended...

Maybe it is just that I have been living without IKEA for wuite a wjile now and have adjusted quite well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast