Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Always dreamed of living in a place with rolling beautiful green hills and meadows any advice where i could look?

Default Always dreamed of living in a place with rolling beautiful green hills and meadows any advice where i could look?

Am seeking a property with 20 acres or so to grow some grapes and have some rolling green meadows and hills. Call it a life long dream!

A beautiful river with clean clear water would make this perfect....any suggestions where i could look?

Mike

Hello and welcome.

Look for lifestyle property on www.trademe.co.nz or www.realestate.co.nz Twenty acres of rolling hills and paddocks with a river of clear water are there - at a price. Look in Northland.
    Last edited by Dell; 1st January 2012 at 09:25 AM. Reason: addition

Do you have a visa yet? Or what kind are you intending to get/think you may be eligible to get?

I'm thinking that where you are able to locate yourself may perhaps depend on where you can work in your particular line.

Northland is not the best climatic region for grape growing, although there are a few successful growers.

http://www.newzealandnz.co.nz/wine-r...northland.html

Central Otago maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Familyofmonkeys View Post
    Northland is not the best climatic region for grape growing, although there are a few successful growers.

http://www.newzealandnz.co.nz/wine-r...northland.html

Central Otago maybe?
    Re growing wine certainly; re rolling green meadows not.

I think this combination is difficult to find; wine and green require different climate and soil, don't they?

Irrigation can turn pastures green

Go to BC, Okanogan

Bye, Kristina

Quote Originally Posted by benandclare View Post
    Irrigation can turn pastures green
    Besides general ecological concerns I'm not sure if our current economic situation allows for electricity and water being spent in this way.

The Okanagan might have wine but doesn't have rolling green hills as it is a very dry region. There is green but only by the lakes where it is irrigated. In New Zealand, Central Otago appears to be similar in climate, although I haven't visited there yet so I can't say with certainty.

For rolling hills and meadows, with the option of growing grapes, have a look at Hawkes Bay and Martinborough. Both beautiful areas with many established vineyards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast