Thread: Incorrect passport number in visa

Default Incorrect passport number in visa

Hi,

I wonder if this has happened to anyone before. I noticed the passport ID indicated in my WTR from the online site is my old and expired passport. The only time I provided that info was iny EOI, so I'm wondering if this can potentially become an issue if my current and new passport, which is what I submitted, will contain a visa stamp with different passport number?

Thanks!
    anonimoose

Yes it will create problem while getting boarding card, airline may refuse you to travel.

Seconded!

I don't specifics about WTR visas but I recall that you have to notify INZ on all relevant changes that might affect your application. A new passport is certainly one.

Quote Originally Posted by anonimoose View Post
    Hi,

I wonder if this has happened to anyone before. I noticed the passport ID indicated in my WTR from the online site is my old and expired passport. The only time I provided that info was iny EOI, so I'm wondering if this can potentially become an issue if my current and new passport, which is what I submitted, will contain a visa stamp with different passport number?

Thanks!
    anonimoose
    Did you update the ITA with the new passport number?

Personally I wouldn't expect that the visa in your new passport will have the wrong details as the visa is machine readable along with the passport, so would expect NZIS to scan both before issue to check / confirm it will be read correctly.

Would contact NZIS to let them know that the online information is wrong just to be safe and definitely check the visa when it arrives.

Ian

Thanks everyone.. just got back my passport today.. Fortunately, it contains the correct passport number. Somebody from Beijing branch must be excited too for the holidays and made a mistake inputting my data to the system, I sent a note to my CO anyway just to be sure.

Wow! Thata's a good news and a new year gift!!!

Happy prosperous New Year!!

Quote Originally Posted by anonimoose View Post
    Thanks everyone.. just got back my passport today.. Fortunately, it contains the correct passport number. Somebody from Beijing branch must be excited too for the holidays and made a mistake inputting my data to the system, I sent a note to my CO anyway just to be sure.
    Congrats! Our CO was also confused and I had to remind her few times about correct passport no.