Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap car rental

Cool Cheap car rental

Who would you recommend for cheap car rental in New Zealand? Ideally looking for a rental company with offices in different parts of New Zealand so you can pick up a car in one place and leave it in another. Can you negotiate cheaper prices with rental companies easily?

Hi,
    When we have friends over from the Uk we always use this company for their hire car.
    http://www.gorentals.co.nz/

We find them to be very reasonable plus we once found a firm doing the same car cheaper and we told them the details and they beat the price. However mostly their prices are very good and they do special deals on certain vehicles . They also have branches in the south island so our friends were able to drop the car off in Christchurch and flew back to UK.

Omega are good, used then twice. Use the search button for a lot of your questions as you will find a lot more info that way.

Thanks for the comments. I'm looking at gorentals Caroline and Dave. Thanks for Omega Hagabel. I like to ask because people come and go on forums a bit so you can get different ideas at different times from different people. Car rental companies that used to be cheap can become dear and rental companies that used to be good can become bad. It's good to get the most up to date ideas.

Any more suggestions from people?

We used Apex. I don't know that they're cheaper than the others - probably depends on particular offers, length of rental, what size vehicle you want at the time, etc. - but the service was great and the car was good. Also, on a previous trip we had a campervan from SpaceShips, and again, the van was great, with its equipment, and the boss even took the trouble to phone us a couple of times during our five weeks' hire, just to say 'hi' and check that all was well and we were happy.

Thanks JandM. I thought about a campervan but then decided on a normal car. I was worried that the campervan would cost a fortune and that the size of it would make it hard to get around. No?

No. Look up your requirements, and you may be pleasantly surprised. And the van was perfectly easy to drive - no more difficult than a large car. It's pleasant, too, to have a higher driving position when you're getting around - seeing more.

Try Jucy (www.jucy.co.nz); you can get an idea with their online quote. I hope they are one among the cheapest and they do have branches in both islands, letting you to do a one way trip.

Probably late to the party, but you can try and check airportrentals.com to compare vehicle from different suppliers. Pretty cool website, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan0810 View Post
    Probably late to the party, but you can try and check airportrentals.com to compare vehicle from different suppliers. Pretty cool website, if you ask me.
    Probably is , with last post 4 years ago!

There's also vroomvroomvroom.co.nz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast