Thread: Temporary Entry Visa or Work to Residence

Default Temporary Entry Visa or Work to Residence

Our CO has just told us that my medical is still under review - she expects to have it back by the end of January at the latest. In the meantime, my husband is supposed to be starting work the week beginning 16 Jan, so obviously very very unlikely the Visa will be through in time. She's said he can apply for a Work Visa in the meantime and has sent us Form INZ 1015 "Work Visa Application for a Temporary Stay in New Zealand".

Does anyone know if this is the "Temporary Entry Visa" or the "Work to Residence Visa" - I'm assuming it's the first one, in which case it may not be any quicker than waiting for the SMC application to be assessed.

Yes, it is, and yes, it can. Trust your CO. She's a professional, doing her best for you.

Thanks. Hubby is contacting his employer tonight to see what they suggest and we'll go from there :-)

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes, it is, and yes, it can. Trust your CO. She's a professional, doing her best for you.
    Actually, I've just read the e-mail from her and she didn't suggest it, but my husband asked if it was possible. She merely pointed him to the right form, without making any comment on whether it would be quicker or not.

As I said above, we'll wait to hear from his employer to see what they suggest.

Fair enough, but it's not the employer who can tell your husband how quickly that visa can be processed. Ask the CO about that side of it.

Sorry, I meant hubby is prevailing on the employer to wait a few weeks longer for him. With a £2,500 commitment from us so far, we certainly hope so. CO couldn't comment on length of time for processing a Temp Visa - it's not her team - but the current info on the website says 25 days is average.

I wouldn't mind, but my 5 year old is already practising staying up all night cos he thinks that's what he'll have to do when we move there because of the time difference between the UK and NZ :-)

I am in the exact some boat but with a 12 year old that sleeps. Waiting for the visas is very frustrating, but the CO in Washington DC has been responsive and friendly even if she can't make it go faster. Good luck, RejjieM!

Out of curiosity, have you bought your plane tickets?

No, haven't booked tickets yet. The plan is for hubby to go first, get settled, find somewhere to live etc, and then I and our 2 boys will follow around Easter time. So just his to book for now - but just don't want to do that until we get the visa